3 Same position injuries in 1 match

i play as leicester and wonder how often this would happen in RL..

i started the match with kiki musampa as an AML...he then got injured and had to replace him..i replaced him with ljungberg for the AML position...then he got injured a few minutes later....then i let loyd dyer in for the AML position...then he got injured with 15 minutes left of the match...had no more AML left so finished the game with a left sided defender in that position since i was pretty sure i was going to win anyway....

finished the season in 1st position and had over 100 points so not really complaining about the season...but i dont think i seen this ever happen in RL..

I've had this happen too, a few days ago, with a central defender... is annoying, but happens very rarely. We still won 2-1 so it wasn't a rage-moment, and none of the players had physio reports after the game and were fine for the next game 3 days later, lol :-/

Assuming all injuries are independent, and that all positions on a field are distinct (eg your left centre-back and right centre-back are different positions - it complicates the calculation a little if they aren't), the probability that if you have three injuries, they'll all be for the same position, is 1/121.

I haven't noticed that myself, but it makes sense: if you've made all your subs, it makes sense for your opponents to try to injure your players, because you can't bring extra subs on. So it is reasonable that they might adjust their tactics to do so.

or there right defender was a pitbull

And should have gotten a red card (or at least a yellow).

But I saw it in some games as well (didn't happen to me) that my opponent has to replace his LB three times.

Archived