Low Goal Keeper Rating

Can anyone help me with my goalkeeper's player rating? I am currently using Real Madrid with Casillas as my Keeper. He rarely concedes goals, around .4 average per game I think and yet he gets a low player rating each game. Currently he averages around 6.89 rating as a keeper. I want him to became goal keeper of the year, but his rating need to be in the 7's. Please Help.

Check on the Home team stats and look at his passes, if he does long kicks they might not reach there target and it will be counted as a misplaced pass, so you could try having him roll the ball out or short kicks.

I find that ratings are generally lower in this version of FM than previous ones, probably due to the fact that ratings now have decimal points instead of being rounded up or down. On previous versions id expect my keeper to average 7+ but on this version i think anything above 6.7 is fine.

I had Leo Franco in goal for Pompey season 2. We only conceded 29 goals, his rating was 7.24

Have a think about this:

a) are you not conceding because of a very good defence

b) are you not conceding because the keep is playing well

In the event of a) and your keeper having little to do I could see why he got a lowish rating

Check on the Home team stats and look at his passes, if he does long kicks they might not reach there target and it will be counted as a misplaced pass, so you could try having him roll the ball out or short kicks.

good point about misplaced passes, never really thought about it!

Archived