"XML parsing error!" - Mac!?

Hello there,

when I'm about to start a new game I receive this error notice; "XML parsing error!".

I run the game in my Macbook 2,4 Ghz, 2 GB with OS X 10.5 operating system.

I've noticed a simular question, but the answers are only convenient for Vista and XP users.

Can someone help me?

Hello there,

when I'm about to start a new game I receive this error notice; "XML parsing error!".

I run the game in my Macbook 2,4 Ghz, 2 GB with OS X 10.5 operating system.

I've noticed a simular question, but the answers are only convenient for Vista and XP users.

Can someone help me?

Think I had something like this once, after I'd tried (badly) to add some logo's etc into the game, have you tried anything like this?

Regards

Onkster

not sure if its the same for mac but on windows you had to add --reset_preferences after the file extension on the fm.exe shortcut.

if that didn't work then you had to delete the settings folder in applications data/sports interactive/football manager 2009

not sure if any of that applies to mac tho.

search XML parsing error and there are a few threads with fixes

not sure if its the same for mac but on windows you had to add --reset_preferences after the file extension on the fm.exe shortcut.

if that didn't work then you had to delete the settings folder in applications data/sports interactive/football manager 2009

not sure if any of that applies to mac tho.

search XML parsing error and there are a few threads with fixes

Well, as .exe files don't work in OS the first suggestion will not work. Maybe deleting the settings folder will help!?

I've searched all over the web, but all answers seems to be for Windows users.

But thanks for your suggestions.

Firstly, try reinstalling the game. If that does not work install at least patch 9.1 (I had this problem pre 9.1). If this fails, I would suggest repairing permissions as well! - see here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1452.

There are different ways to repair permissions, the best and most effective is using the original OS X discs and opening Disk Utility from there.

Alternatively, if you don't want to do that, ue something like Onyx to clear caches and fix permissions..

Im beginning to think that this problem may have something to do with the new update clashing with 9.1,,,I have had the problem several times,, delete the settings file works for a bit,,but then the file and problem comes back again in a while,(games still runs tho) ,,,but when i had a closer look in that settings file , I noticed that it says 9.1,,,,so maybe the two are clashing. I only got the game after the update so not sure,,,has anyone had the problem before while on 9.1 ?? If nobody has then,, if you are totally stuck try playing 9.1,,,and hopefully when 9.3 comes out soon ,,this will have been fixed,,SI must be aware of it by now,

Im beginning to think that this problem may have something to do with the new update clashing with 9.1,,,I have had the problem several times,, delete the settings file works for a bit,,but then the file and problem comes back again in a while,(games still runs tho) ,,,but when i had a closer look in that settings file , I noticed that it says 9.1,,,,so maybe the two are clashing. I only got the game after the update so not sure,,,has anyone had the problem before while on 9.1 ?? If nobody has then,, if you are totally stuck try playing 9.1,,,and hopefully when 9.3 comes out soon ,,this will have been fixed,,SI must be aware of it by now,

It's dosen't matter wich patch I use - it happens no matter what!?

Have you repairede yours? Sorry, diden't really understand?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived