Sending Players on Loan....??

Tomas Rosicky has jus come back from a 10 month hamstring injury for my Arsenal side aswell as Eduardo coming back from his brokne leg, both are desparately unfit and in need of matches, ideally they should be playing first team football but i can't afford to put them into my first team in the middle of the season.

I think that in future versions there should be the option of sending recovoring players on loan to lesser leagues in order for them to get match fit, i appreciate that this porbably wouldn't happen IRL but Eduardo probably wouldn't mind going back to his old club to get some match fitness for a couple of months....

This also applies to other players, when listing a player for loan you should be able to give a reason eg, this player would benefit from first team football. At the moment this can only be done when accepting loan offers and in the case of Eduardo and Rosicky both will obviously think that they're too good to be loaned out so i should be able to set their 'loan status' to available for short term loan to gain match fitness.

This could also be used when players say they are unhappy with lack of first team football, if you offer this player the possibilty of a short term switch then you should have the option to loan list him with the reason of 'player wants first team footbal' or something similar....

You can send them to one of your affiliates, but I guess that they will reject anyway. Also sending then out on loan to a lower league in the UK (Championship) will not happen, they will reject.

You can that both of them are available for the reserve squad, then at least they can/will get some games.

To be honest, a few reserve games along with Arsenals training facilities will have them back at match fitness quicker than sending them somewhere else.

If there are big gaps in the reserve calendar, book in some friendlies.

Attaching a reason to "listed for loan" or "listed for transfer" could be implemented, although I'm not sure how realistic it is.

ye that's what i meant, you should be able to justify your actions as you do them, but what i mean is that with Rosicky especially, he is 'very unfit. in need of intense training and lots of match practice'

I have no fixtures that he can play in and would prefer him to play 1st team somewhere else rather than in my reserves as i also don't think hes going to feature too much for the rest of the season...i should be able to temporarily get rid of him without upsetting him because i'll probably want him around next season, kind of like Crespo going to Inter, except i'll want Rosicky back.

Nah, just make him available for reserves and setup several friendlies for them (at least 2 per week). They'll be back to match fitness pretty quickly. If you want to make sure that he does play, you can even take over the reserve team and play those matches yourself.

Archived