sharing the game with a friend 2 (i'm sorry!)

Fist I wrote a similar topic, but it has been closed. I would like to explain better the situation. Cause it is uncomfortable to play with my best firend with one pc with the two players option, I would like to buy the game and install it both in my desktop pc and in my laptop, so that my friend can play with this last. But I don't know if with the same licence I can play on line.

I hope to have explained better the questions, and I wouldn't like to be in any way against the EULA or other illegal matters and for this reason I've asked before get any actions

Are you trying to say, you want to install the game on your laptop so when your friend comes round he can play it?

With the game you get 5 installs. So you can install it on your laptop and play a game with your friend.

So I think the answer to your question is Yes.

Are you trying to say, you want to install the game on your laptop so when your friend comes round he can play it?

With the game you get 5 installs. So you can install it on your laptop and play a game with your friend.

So I think the answer to your question is Yes.

I agree with this, if I understand it correctly

You can't play on two PCs with only one license at the same time.

iirc you have to activate the game on both PC's (desktop and laptop), then you can play or am I wrong here. This should be possible since you get 5 seats.

iirc you have to activate the game on both PC's (desktop and laptop), then you can play or am I wrong here. This should be possible since you get 5 seats.

Whilst I think that is technically true, it won't work for the OP as I think he wants to play a network game against his mate using the same licence

yes, it is what I would like to do with my friend

You can do that yes, but you have to activate it. So in that case it would use 1 of your 5 activations. You have used 1 by installing on your PC so if you install on your laptop you have 2 used.

Does that make sense?

You can do that yes, but you have to activate it. So in that case it would use 1 of your 5 activations. You have used 1 by installing on your PC so if you install on your laptop you have 2 used.

Does that make sense?

It makes sense only if I can play on line with him using the same licence. My firend hasn't pc at home, and play in two with one pc is uncomfortable to me as I've said before. I would like to thank other users that have answered to this question, but I still haven't understand if it is possibile or not. I have understand that maybe it is possible technically but there are some matters using the same licence

The idea behind the 5 licenses isn't that you can have 5 mates round your house playing on 5 different PCs. Just because it's feasibly possible, doesn't mean it's legal.

Ok, if this is not legal I will not do that. But are you sure that it is not legal ?

I'm not an expert.... but could you not get around this by setting the network game up as purely a LAN, whilst disconnecting from the outside internet. I mean, its probably not strictly legal, but equally.... I dont think companys have a problem with a situation like this. The fact that you can hotseat means they dont have a problem with two players playing from the same game..... and thats basically what he wants to do, only if you do it on two PC its just easier control wise, especially when facing each other in a match.

Because its not really that they want to use one copy for two users, its that they play multiplayer.

Effectively what they want to do is play Halo, multiplayer, on two screens. That option is avaliable on so many games with similar EULA talking abouot sole users. Its just that..... its probably a very, very rare occurence with FM, as its a far more time intensive game then Halo. Dont really ever have a quick game of FM lol.

Archived