known crash error?

hi guys,

im playing on the latest patch (9.02?) and last night it crashed on me.

i was playing when all of a sudden a small dialogue box appeared (didnt quite see what it said), and the game stop responding (the screen faded out like it sometimes does) and then it said trying to reconnect to football manager, then connection lost and game closed.

unfortunatly i hadnt saved ot for over 8 hoursd as i only tend to save when im turning off (stops the temptation to reload a game to get a result)

does anyone know why this happens?

isit a game fault or steam?

and can it be prevented?

Without knowing the dialogue in the error box it's not really possible to give a definite answer. If you'd been playing for 8+ hours then it could have been a virtual memory error. That happened to me yesterday and I lost 3 games worth of play .

In future set yourself up with a running save. Go to preferences and set auto save to every week (game time), or whatever you feel is necessary. Then, on the load game screen, you will see your game name and, below that, 2 more saves with the same name but with V2 or V3 next to it. Shouldn't lose as much time then.

Everyone has a likelihood of a crash every once in a while. I wouldn't sit there thinking that it's going to happen again. You may not see another crash as long as you play FM09.

Archived