Trimming the squad - but who to let go?

During the first few seasons, I signed a load of regens and punted every player in my team. I've played with them for a season, put some out on loan, played some in the reserves etc.. Im not in trouble financially. Thats mostly down to the fact I have £6m in the bank and since the regens are all young they are on small wages. If I post screenies of each and every one, will you help me decide who to let go?

I don't wanna post lots of screenshots for nobody to reply so...

During the first few seasons, I signed a load of regens and punted every player in my team. I've played with them for a season, put some out on loan, played some in the reserves etc.. Im not in trouble financially. Thats mostly down to the fact I have £6m in the bank and since the regens are all young they are on small wages. If I post screenies of each and every one, will you help me decide who to let go?

I don't wanna post lots of screenshots for nobody to reply so...

Is there any particular position where you have lots of players. Maybe trim that area?

Even though these are regens and so technically you aren't player naming or anything, I expect that this probably belongs in the GPTG and just for the record, I'm not entirely certain that many people will want to look at your entire squad and then tell you what they think of them all, in all fairness you should be able to use your own knowledge of the game and your coach reports to do this fairly effectively yourself

or rather then your whole squad pick the players who you think will be able to start for your team in a few years and then some that wont make a grade and then any that u are unsure about then people might help you. coach reports should be helpful though will give you a definite idea of who to keep.

my rule of thumb is pick a starting 11, pick a reserve 11, then pick 10 or so multiposition players who would do a job for you, anyone else is sold unless they look top notch, if you ahve to think about weather to sell someone, you should sell him.

i always end up with huge squads

but that because i sign up loads of youngsters...

i tend to make a decision whether i should keep them or not at the end of every season (if i stay in the division or go up)

i will then trim players that i think dont show enough potential

Archived