CM2 Still Holds Up

Just thought I would revisit Championship Manager 2 (1995) the other day, this is the game that started my obsession with Football Management games and I have to say that looking at it today it still holds its own. Sure their may not be a lot of graphics in the old games but god they are fun to play and its always fun to go back and manage the players of yesterday who have since retired.

Its amazing how far computer games have come since the early 90's and the CM/FM games prove that, but one things for certain and that is that no matter how great the games are these days, no franchise has managed to maintain its level of quality pretty much from the beginning like CM/FM has. Sports Interactive I salute you and thankyou for the countless hours spent slaving away for that winning goal :thup:

Until recently, I still played CM2 but not long ago the ancient comp I kept just for CM2 purposes died a sad and quite spectacular death, sparks and flames were involved :D

For some reason I have yet to actually try to install it on my laptop, no idea if Vista will let me run it, but when I come out of mourning for my faithful old desktop computer, I think I will give it a go

Thanks for posting this up and helping rekindle my love affair with CM2 :thup:

Until recently, I still played CM2 but not long ago the ancient comp I kept just for CM2 purposes died a sad and quite spectacular death, sparks and flames were involved :D

For some reason I have yet to actually try to install it on my laptop, no idea if Vista will let me run it, but when I come out of mourning for my faithful old desktop computer, I think I will give it a go

Thanks for posting this up and helping rekindle my love affair with CM2 :thup:

Sadly, Vista cant run CM2 unless you do it through 'DOSBOX' - which i couldnt get working. Shame because CM2 was simply the best version to date, so addictive and you could do a season in a matter of hours!!

Anyone know what happened to alexander farnerud?

He recently signed for Brøndby IF (the team I support) here in Denmark. He has had some trouble with injuries since he signed, but I'm eagerly waiting for him to show the potential I remember him having in previous versions of CM/FM :)

Sadly, Vista cant run CM2 unless you do it through 'DOSBOX' - which i couldnt get working. Shame because CM2 was simply the best version to date, so addictive and you could do a season in a matter of hours!!

I use DosBox to play CM 97/98 and it seems to be working just fine. You need to install the game to an easy to remember path, e.g. C:\CM2\ launch DosBox and type mount[space]c:[space]c:\cm2\ then type c: and type cm2 and off you go.

Yeah it's really fun playing Maradona, Valderrama, and Gascoigne in my midfield with Ferdinand and Shearer up front :p

Archived