Is this in FM09?

DS

Haven't played much FM09 yet until I get a new PC so dont know if this is in it but I doubt it and it wasn't in FM08. Basically, since FM08 we have had the days left to gain nationality thing which is great for work permit or international player issues but under laws which were introduced about 6 months ago from FIFA a player wouldn't be able to play for this new nation unless he has lived there for 5 years. So in a country where its 3 years to get citizenship they would still need to live there for another 2 to play for that national team. Check the extract from FIFA below, point d is the one that I am talking about. I hope this is already in the game or will be added soon for more realism.

Article 17 Acquisition of a new nationality

Any player who refers to art . 15 par. 1 to assume a new nationality and who has not played international football in accordance with art . 15 par. 2 shall be eligible to play for the new representative team only if he fulfils one of the following conditions :

(a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association ;

(b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association ;

© His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

(d) He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 an the territory of the relevant Association.

Archived