Soft Anchor..

I've been playing Fm since the first day it came out, and played it tonight, then turned it off about an hour ago, tried to launch it from steam again tonight and now apparently i need to type in my Product key:

I've also had 2 reasons why it isn't accepting:

1. Internet connection

2. Error 51, i need a new key?

Im confused....

Error: You are receiving the Error [-51] / [-52] message

Fix: You need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation program and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

Note: If the above does not fix it – please check the following:

• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data is not set to read only.

• Also check that C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate are not set to read only!

To check if a file or folder is read only, please right click the folder and select ‘Properties’ from the dropdown, you should the see a box at the bottom called Attributes – please ensure this is unticked or does not have a green square inside.

• Another way it could happen is if there is another instance of FM.exe or Activator.exe holding onto our certificate. In this case - the user should check the process list to see if another instance of FM.exe is open. If so - close it first.

To do this you need to open Task Manager (right click TaskBar, or CTRL+ALT+DEL), sort the Image Name column by clicking on it and identifying if Activator.exe or FM.exe are running. If they are highlight and click ‘End Task’

Please any help' date=' arghh![/quote']

this problem that you are havinh happened to me abotu 6 weeks ago..

i tried alsorts,,, foned to sega helpline,,, they were no help what so ever... it became that much of a joke that i lost patients with football manager and havent played it since..... however i was walkin through town and i noticed that football manager was in the sale for 19.99 so i bought it thinking that with a new disc and a new activation code i would finally be able to play my game again.. ... but you guessd it,,, im having the same problems as before which has made me come across this threat.... tonight iv foned sega and some bloke tells me that my computer is havin trouble conecting to internet- therfore it wont let me play football manager,,, i foned up a few minutes later and some guy told me he didnt know what the problem is,,

let me know how you'v got on and if your game is workin again..

on my activation key insert thingy it is sayin that my trail period is up :S:S:S i was playin the game for weeks and all of a sudden it decided i was playing a demo...

sega have really F***ed up i think.. !!

ricky - have you followed the instructions posted above? Please don't swear.

The-Perfect-FM'er - make sure you have enabled Windows to show hidden files. To do this, open My Computer, and click Tools in the toolbar and choose Folder Options. Then click the view tab, and check the radio button to show hidden files and objects. Then goto the certificates folder and delete everything in there.

Archived