Do the stars change when your team improves?

Ok,

New season and new assistant manager. After 4 seasons I've finally got Villa into the Champions Leage, from mid table obscurity.

Most of my players sadly seem to have gone from having 6/7 star potential (and 4-6star ability) to having just a few 6 star potential ; the abilities have gone down in similar proportion.

So, do the stars change as your club expects/archives more?

When I got promoted from the Championship to the Premier League I went from having a team of almost all 6 or 7 star players to them all having between 2 and 4 stars :( very depressing!

Even worse though, is when you sign a 6/7 star player at the end of a season only for the board to raise their expectations and have him turn into a four star by the end of July :(

Something else important to note is that if you are, for example, Hyde it is much easier to find (and sign) 5 star + players. As Man Utd though, it is almost impossible to find a player of 5 star potential or current ability, 4 star is what you should be aiming for. I've never found a 6 star player as Man Utd on this edition.

i found this for my team when i got promoted into the premiership, and also the ebtter i did in the premiership the "worse" my players ratings seemed to get, i find you have to rescout players to get an accurate reading of stars. so i guess yes the stars do change depending on your club status/ambition etc

Star rating change depending on club reputation. If you go to your club status page (the one where you see the legends, icons, favoured personel, etc), you see what the reputation is: Worldwide (internal score above 8999), Continental (between 8999 and 7000, I think), National (between 6999 and 6000), Local (less than 6000). Note: these numbers might not be 100% accurate as I don't have the game with me.

When this reputation rating increases, player rating decreases. And visa-versa. I find that the best players on the world, e.g. Messi, will drop from 7 star to 5 star maximum if club reputation goes to the upper echelon.

To validade this, I went to FMRTE and reduced my club's reputation (from 9000 something to 7000 something). I checked Messi's rating and it immediately jumped to 7 stars.

Personally I find this somewhat stupid. I mean, the quality of a player doesn't drop if the club reputation increases, I would suppose? To say that a player is very good, good or average just because the club raises or drops in stature is a strange way to gauge the quality of a player.

That's a bit daft that it's linked to club rep as opposed to your existing squad of players.

That's what I thought also and was quite shocked to find that it worked that way.

I still wonder if it's a bug or if it's working as intended? If someone from SI is reading this, maybe they could explain and the reasoning behind it?

Personally I find this somewhat stupid. I mean, the quality of a player doesn't drop if the club reputation increases, I would suppose? To say that a player is very good, good or average just because the club raises or drops in stature is a strange way to gauge the quality of a player.

I agree, but for a Champioship side you look for players to can suit you team at the moment, this will differ compared to big shots teams out there. So for scouting I think it is alright (year 1 Player x is good singing for you, next year you are promoted to the Premier league then player x is decent...)

But for your own players, especially the Messi's etc it is stupid that this changes when you club reputations changes.

The scouting should say, as it says now, that the player is a) better; b) similar; c) almost as good; d) worse; e) etc; than current players.

But making it impossible for players to be rated 7 stars (or even 6 stars, I think), simply because of club stature, is not the way to go. Suddenly the squad just becomes a mass of 4 star players (the very good ones) with a few 5 stars (the exceptional ones) and maybe also 3 stars (the good or almost almost good ones). This renders the star rating almost meaningless.

If you find a player with 7 stars, for your championship mid-table team it doesn't mean that he will be good for the premiership. For example in my coventry game, i was in the championship and found two 7 star AMC. In the coach report it said that player1 has the potential to be a decent premier league midfielder, and player2 has to potential to be a leading premier league midfielder. So i advice to look at the description not just the stars.

In my opinion it shouldn't have anything to do with the club rep like it does now. It should be about the league in general. The scouts say "leading star for most premier division sides" for example but it is far from accurate. I tried this by creating a new user and taking over Getafe. I signed my 20/20 judging PA/CA coach from Valencia (my real team) and he then gave Granero 5 stars. With Valencia he gave him 4 stars. It's stupid in my opinion.

I think it is to do with the standard of the team.

For example a mediocre premiership player would be rated as fantastic for a league 1 club, but if you still had that player and got promoted to the premiership then he would only be a mediocre player for the level he is playing at, hence his rating goes down.

Archived