Worth going back to 08 for now?

Start my new FM game on 08?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Start my new FM game on 08?

• Yay
    • Nay

I just wanted to see if there was a general feeling for starting any new FM games on a patched FM08 version, rather than the current 9.2.0 FM09 version - there still seems to be a lot of work needed on various aspects before you could throw yourself into a game without feeling the match engine cheated you or that you or another team benefited from grabbing a young player when you really shouldn't have been able to (etc, etc, etc).

I must admit I played the intial release but stopped because of the problems and haven't played since the most recent patch. I need my FM fix I just can't decide where to get it from! :)

you got to move forward not backwards.

however i couldnt blame you for going back on this occasion even though they have ironed out alot of the bugs it still doesnt make me want to play on it for hours and hours like previous versions but maybe thats just me. but it would be hard for me to go back to the old ME without 3d as i never ever used the 2D before but love the 3D ME

I havent played much FM09 yet so cant comment on that, but if you are going to go back to FM08 you might as well go back to FM07 as it was better overall, 08 didnt have many great new features but even after fully patched has bugs and other issues while fm07 doesnt have many problems.

Personally I think you're being paranoid and reading far too much into the complaining that goes on on these forums. I'm thoroughly enjoying my current save and have the old trouble of not wanting to save and walk away. You do realise that the people that come on here and complain are the minority? The majority are happy playing and don't feel a need to post any complaints.

Patch 9.0.2 made this game damn bloody good. There's no really major problems that have affected my game.

Can't see why you'd want to go back, a bit like getting back with an old flame. Sure, you had some good memories, but when you look back you do so through rose-tinted glasses and subconsciously fail to think of any of the troubles you had. Then when you do take the plunge with her, you realise that what you once had is gone now, and it's not as good as you thought it would be.

Apply yourself to the new woman (FM) in your life, and you'll reap the rewards of a long and fruitful, and ultimately stable relationship :thup:

Quitting smoking + Too much time on my hands = "Dear Miriam" type replies....

Thanks for all the comments, there does seem to be something wrong about playing an older version and it's quite interesting to see that a lot of the inital complaints and bad atmosphere on the forums seem to have disappeared for now.

I think I'll try to hold out a little longer and wait for the Feb patch :)

Archived