Get the feeling the opposition are going to score?

Occsionally it is after I have changed tactics...which I understand. It just happens at random time throughout games and its not as though the commentary is sayin..." he can't miss" or some of the other phrases which usually result in a goal. It's not a problem with the game just a feeling i get.

YES!

Absolutely. Especially in previous versions of FM/CM when I played games with text commentary only. There were certain pauses in the text where I knew they were going to score. It may sound crazy, but when you play millions of games and watch similar text over and over again, you can see the patterns and tell when there's a half-second pause.

Also, in penalty shootouts, if the text pauses for longer than normal, it used to mean it was always a miss. This went for both the CPU and the human player.

You can almost always tell on FM09 from the start of the match if your strikers aren't going to score. From the get go they'll miss chance after chance and no matter what you do they'll act like they've never scored a goal in their careers, leaving either a midfielder/defender to score or allowing the opposition a 1-0 win :)

yeah agree with the last post here. When your striker miss about three or four sitters and seem to put the opposition under constant pressure you just know it aint gonna be your day.

Also at the end when the scores are level and the opposition have you under constant pressure you just know they are going to score in the 80, 89 or 90th minute

Anyone else just KNOW when the opposition are going to score. Right from the build up of the move,reading the commentary I just get a feeling they are going to score and I am usally right. Same when my team is attacking too.

I know exactly what you mean, I dont know wether its that I dont have faith in my keeper or what but I sure get a bad feeling that the opposition is going to score, a lot of the time its when they are putting heaps of pressure on my goaly, wether it be heaps of shots or spending a large amount of time in front of goal, it all builds up.

That is soooo true!
Also, in penalty shootouts, if the text pauses for longer than normal, it used to mean it was always a miss. This went for both the CPU and the human player.

It's the same with disallowed goals. You know they will be disallowed because there is the slightest of pauses between the ball going in and the commentary shouting "Goal!".

Always good to know when its the cpu scoring. Always bad when it's me!

Yeah I also get this feeling, I was just about to change tactics as I was winning 2-1 against Liverpooh (I'm United) because I sensed something bad was going to happen. Next thing I know 'Goal for Liverpooh' and the goal would have been prevented with the tactic change I was going to impliment

I can tell the opposition is about to score when my players suddenly appear to have glue on their boots and blindfolds on. None of them run for a loose ball, three of them miss an easy interception and one of my CDs runs off to chat to his mum behind the goal. The ball is drifting slowly into the 6 yd box towards the opposition striker ...

I know it's the match engine doing a ropey job of interpreting that sequence of play, but it looks so contrived.

On the plus side, it sometimes works the other way and my winger can dribble round half the opposition before rifling in an absolute peach. :)

pretty much as soon as i hit that tactics button i know that they will score before i can make it. And if i pause the match and do it, i still know they are going to score, basically you have to see into the future to help things. all part of the game tho isnt it

Without question. Usually it's late on in a game, you perhaps have a one goal advantage or are scraping a draw. With about a minute to go you get a corner. Brilliant, one bit of timewasting and 7 behind the ball and the result is ours.

Except somehow your players manage to do so little with it that the opposition suddenly have the ball, on a break, perhaps two against two, then your star defender decides to ponder the meaning of LUE and slips up. Your other D comes across to cover leaving the second striker totally unmarked who slots it in the corner from about 20 yards.

If I had a pound for every time that, or something similar, happened this post would be typed to you via my buxom Swedish secretary who was taking live dictation from me via satellite from my mansion in the Seychelles.

I only ask because this used to happen to me all the time in the demo. I dont know if it's coincidence but now everytime I get that feeling, I try to change things tactically.

This is spot on as I do the exact same when I see that my team is pinned back in my half for to long I change tactics straight away.

If the AI score right at the start of the second half I know the floodgates are about to open and I'm in for a trouncing.

Yer, the opposition always seem to score just after half time if i'm winning at the interval. I've tried everything to stop it!

When I watch highlights and a corner or free kick suddenly occurs without showing any of the build up, it's a guaranteed goal.

That aside I do get that "feeling", but usually a few match minutes ahead of time (and only when I feel the goal will be against me) and change my tactics a bit. I've no idea if my "feeling" is true though as I like to think my tactical master-stroke preventing the goal being scored.:D

Archived