Leave of Absence

I'm not new to players getting homesick when arriving at my club from foreign countries, but have SI removed the feature that allows you to send them back to their home country for a few weeks to help them overcome their homesickness? It has happened twice this season, but I can't send them home for a while, and I wondered if it had been removed from FM09.

By the way, I tried sending them out on loan to an affiliate club in their home country, but he decided against going there lol :confused:

It's definitely still there. Last time I did this I used the shortcut from my inbox news. Maybe it's in the Player Interaction menu? If it's not there then maybe you can't give a leave of absence to every homesick players, in which case you could try resting them for a few weeks.

Thanks for your help guys, but I have another problem. I can't really "rest" him as he isn't even playing properly for me yet! He is a youth player (so the homesickness should really have been expected!) and has not played for the firt team yet. Do you recon I should set it up so that he doesn't even appear for the youth or reserve sides???

Archived