Man City Unreadable Text

I started my first ever game on 08 with Man City and I found the text completly unreadable. This meant that if I put it into commentry only mode that I would not have the foggiest what was going on and I could only just be able to tell when I scored.

So after a couple of games on 09 with Shakhtar, Preston and Redditch, I thought I would go back to Man City because of the good career I had on 08 with them. But again the text was unreadable.

I even remember this problem when managing them on 01/02.

Si what I want to know is how come this still hasn't been fixed after 8 years.

Surely the easiest thing to do would be put a border on the text which alternated for which colour text was being read or in fact change the background colour so that the text was easily readable.

This is especially needs to be fixed this year due to the amount of people managing Man City this year because of their money.

By the way, I love the game but this is my only slight niggle with it.

What does everyone else think?

I was thinking the same thing earlier. Was watching TV and playing FM so only half concentrating, but i can always see when goals are scored because of the flashing text, and i found myself 2 goals down, not even seen the text flash! I know Man City play in light blue and white but surely the text would be better if it was light blue and black? It affects more than Man City though.

To be honest, I've noticed a slight difference between FM08 and FM09 when it comes to Man City's commentary bar. Last year I couldn't bear it and didn't even try playing with it. This year, I agree it's annoying, but I think there's an improvement

To be honest, I've noticed a slight difference between FM08 and FM09 when it comes to Man City's commentary bar. Last year I couldn't bear it and didn't even try playing with it. This year, I agree it's annoying, but I think there's an improvement

Really? I see no difference. There is a way you can alter the colours yourself but i couldnt find the thread that tells all.

Really? I see no difference. There is a way you can alter the colours yourself but i couldnt find the thread that tells all.

I couldn't give a definite answer as I've changed laptops between FM's so it could be that. Hopefully my eyesight's getting better :D

Aye, I have noticed on my laptop that I can move my screen to an angle where by it is readable but it is annoying.

What makes it worse is the "team colour" at the top of the match is different from the commentary text, indeed if they used the other colour it would probably be easier to read lol

im managing man city and have same problem so i tend to tilt my laptop screen at a slight angle so i can read the text of whats happening

When I managed Man City, i went to the editor and gave them a slightly darker shade of light blue as the background colour and a kind of cream/darker white foreground colour.

I know it's not their tradtional colours but it sure does help on the eyes.

What does everyone else think?

I think that there may be a bit of a problem but it has been discussed to death and didn't really need another thread.

Problem, at the end of the day, is that those are Man City's colours and if there's a clash then that's just unforetunate. There are other teams that suffer a similar problem. I remember Oldham Athletic really clashing back in about 99-00.

As you said SI could add black borders, but I doubt that, firstly, there's far more important things to do with the game, and, secondly, if there were black borders around the letters then it wouldn't be Man City's kit. An argument for not changing it yourself, in the editor, is that it would not then be City's kit.

If you're not worried then change it. Simple solution.

Archived