Jozy Altidore and Villareal

Has anyone found a way to prevent Villareal from placing Jozy Altidore on the transfer list? I have tried to rise his CA, his CR, and his WR, but they still want to get rid of him. I suppose it´s some kind of bug, or has to do with the La Liga rules for foreign players, but there must be a way to get around this? More than to give him a spanish 2:nd nationality, because I do not want to do that.

why do you want him off the transfer list ?

Because it´s so damn unrealistic and ******** that they want to sell a young player with good PA they just bought.

I'll bite, everybody else probably knows, but what is CR and WR?

Edit:

Pure guesswork.. Continental Rating and World Rating?

Current reputation and world reputation.

He is really bad in the game. I've run a couple where I brought him and he was poor to average, and a couple where other teams have picked him up and he barely scraped poor.

Your results may vary.

He have great potential ability (in the game), he´s 19 years old, and Villareal just bought him for £5.25. Even if he is "average", or even "poor" now Villareal should not sell him from the start of the game for £4.6. That is just silly. Either, the researcher have to make him way better as he actually still is at Villareal in real life and even play first team games every now and then, or SI got to find a way to make the utterly stupid AI understand a player actually might develope and get better even if he is not a superstar the day they buy him.

I have tried to give him better attributes with the editor, by the way, but Villa still want to sell him.

Has anyone found a way to prevent Villareal from placing Jozy Altidore on the transfer list? I have tried to rise his CA, his CR, and his WR, but they still want to get rid of him. I suppose it´s some kind of bug, or has to do with the La Liga rules for foreign players, but there must be a way to get around this? More than to give him a spanish 2:nd nationality, because I do not want to do that.

So you don't mind making him far better than he should be but you don't want to add a second nationality.It doesn't make much sense.

So you don't mind making him far better than he should be but you don't want to add a second nationality.It doesn't make much sense.

Since he don´t get first team action in the game while he does in real life I figure his stats and CA are too low.

IIRC at the beginning of the game, he requests to be put on the transfer list and in his happiness status it says "He was brought to the club under false pretences". Altidore personally wants to leave the club so its not a bug.

IIRC at the beginning of the game, he requests to be put on the transfer list and in his happiness status it says "He was brought to the club under false pretences". Altidore personally wants to leave the club so its not a bug.

In my games his personal screen says "Determined to prove his worth to the team" and his squad status is "not needed by the club".

Ah, there's the problem...you're trying to use logic to solve the problem!

I am desperate. :D

It says that because he's transfer listed and "not needed" :p

Martin Caceres anyone ? ;)

Martin Caceres and some other players get transfer listed at the start of the game when you DON'T select the leagues where they play.

However, i always setup each save with all the top leagues loaded in Europe and Altidore is the only one that is always on the transfer list so yeah, this is kind of odd. And contrary to what someone was saying, he turns into a absolute beast in 2 or 3 seasons.

Did you not read post #5?

Do you not understand the concept of your results may vary? I find him to be useless. You don't.

Or because you've stated he's brilliant that's the end of the matter and no-one is allowed to be contrary?

Okay the way to do it is this:

Use the savegame editor FMRTE. Go to his 'contracts' screen and change his status from 'not needed' to 'first team' , 'indispensible', 'rotation' or whatever you prefer, and change 'listed' to 'unavailable for transfer'.

In my game he's the only player Arsenal snap up in years.

He's still at Villareal on my game and it's 2011.

That has happened in some of my games too, but that´s because nobody wants to buy him and Villareal eventually takes him off the transfer list and keep him. Probably because his CA get high enough for the AI to understand he is a good player.

Okay the way to do it is this:

Use the savegame editor FMRTE. Go to his 'contracts' screen and change his status from 'not needed' to 'first team' , 'indispensible', 'rotation' or whatever you prefer, and change 'listed' to 'unavailable for transfer'.

In my game he's the only player Arsenal snap up in years.

That seems to fix it. Thanks.

Archived