Daftest injury I've seen on FM

Heading into a busy Christmas period I've just discovered that my 22 year old midfielder Barry Bannan will miss 2 to 4 months of football with...arthritis. I mean come on. It's bad enough that I'm getting injuries each week for groin strains and pulled hamstrings but that's just taking the...I mean arthritis??! The only realistic thing about it is that it's come in the winter!

I give in.

harry kewell have a type of arthritis last after the last world cup so its not out of the realms of possibility

Tis true. I had what the doctors called 'early stage arthritis' in my knee when i was 19. Happened when i jumped out of a window (long story) but it can cause servere discomfort trust me.

Needed months of physio to get the pain to go.

Are there intentionally funny/unusual injuries in the game?

I remember Santiago Cañizares dropping a bottle of aftershave on his foot, which led to Casillas becoming first choice for Spain in the 2002 World Cup. I think David James strained something when he tried to pick up his remote. Would be hilarious if these kinds of injuries were to occur in the game.

Are there intentionally funny/unusual injuries in the game?

I remember Santiago Cañizares dropping a bottle of aftershave on his foot, which led to Casillas becoming first choice for Spain in the 2002 World Cup. I think David James strained something when he tried to pick up his remote. Would be hilarious if these kinds of injuries were to occur in the game.

I don't remember any stupid ones in game, but carrying on from your Canizares anecdote, also, I think it was, Dave Beasent was out for a coupla months cuz he dropped a jar of mustard of his foot

More recently at Stoke, Liam Lawrence has been out since August because he tripped over his dog lol. As for the arthritis, gifton noel williams had it, contributed to why he went from being one with a bright future to a player who is now playing below the MLS in america.

I had a player out for 4 weeks to a month with a virus ! The poor guy must have caught Bird Flu or something :p

In FM07, I had someone out for almost two years with a "virus". The guy was a youth player with nothing much in the way of potential, but I felt so sorry for him I ended up employing him for about five more years. :p

There are various types of arthritis, not only the 'oldmen' arthritis kind.

I myself was diagnosed a "thraumatic arthritis" (i.e.: arthritis caused by a hit) when I was 21, because I got my ankle severely sprained months before in a car crash (the crash was actually funny to see, but I'll tell you about that in another story, lol).

Basically, my ankle became so inflamed that it looked as if I had a tennis ball inside it... The doctor couldn't believe his eyes when he saw it because he said it was amazing that my ligament didn't break straight away. Seems like my ligaments are made of chewing gum, :D

Anyway, after a month or so I was completely recovered from that, but some months later I was playing football with friends when I suddenly felt like my ankle was tearing appart after I landed from a jump. I had this weird feeling that the 'inner pieces' of my ankle were 'separating' from each other whenever I tried to step my foot on the ground, together with a strong pain.

I was diagnosed this thraumatic arthritis, which disappeared after some inactivity, but would sometimes come back to me after playing for some weeks again...

I'm 23 and it's never come back yet, but it may be because I don't play much football anymore, hehe.

Anyway, I hope this explains it a bit ;)

This reminded me to an injury my player had on CM 01/02 when me and two of my mates played the game. We all had clubs in EPL (Arsenal for me and L'pool and Man Utd for my friends) well one of my players (heck it was Tieme Klompe) injured himself in 85th minute of a match. The funniest thing is he was substituted in 80th minute. Too bad i don't have a SS of that it was the most funniest thing I ever saw we were laughing for weeks to come. Odd thing is he didn't had any injury the next day.

Plus i had one player (I remember that one too it was Nacer Barazite) out for a year with a cold on FM 07 also funny as hell.

In FM07, I had someone out for almost two years with a "virus". The guy was a youth player with nothing much in the way of potential, but I felt so sorry for him I ended up employing him for about five more years. :p

I just got the same thing. Well, not 2 years, but 1 year with a serious virus. His a kid, not that talented, I was gonna just rip his contract up but I just couldnt bring myself to do it, and ended up sending him to a spec, so he will get best treatment money can buy.

Archived