'Faceinthegame' search

I saw this and tried it...If you type in Faceinthegame into the search box you get 141 players, all regens...mostly lower league english players. What is this and who are they?? I noticed a 'Keith Flannery', who I had at Kettering on 08, a regen, who was unreal and got my promoted single handedly to the Championship before I had to sell him! So...can anyone fill me in?

Wish they would bring this back again. Used to love this when SI did this in previous versions where you could send a picture oin and details of yourself and if you got chosen you would be in the game as a regen either as a player or coach or scout or whatever. Was fun trying to find yourself. :)

I agree with TomHAVFC.

I was sure that it was all SI employees...

Anyway, most of them are crap.

I've scouted a few though, as the personality that comes back is a good laugh.

One of the regens personalities says that he breaks legs in training...

It's a mix of SI, Sega and a few others.

Most of them turn out to be absolutely useless, though you occasionally get a great one. It doesn't ruin the authenticity as the only predetermined things about these players are their names, nationality and day/month of birth.

All the SI ones have comedy coach reports.

I think it is one of those cheats that some games have. They are probably some kind of super players who will turn into world beaters if you sign them. I'd stay away from that though as it ruins the authenticity of the game.

They are just random players, just like any other newly generated player. The only difference is the funny line in the coach/scout report.

ive got one named paulo playing for my brazil team in 2017

if he doesnt work for si then who is he

He may well be PMLF (Brazilian researcher and all-round legend).

Does he have a special personality?

What club does he support?

Full name?

I think it is one of those cheats that some games have. They are probably some kind of super players who will turn into world beaters if you sign them. I'd stay away from that though as it ruins the authenticity of the game.

Sorry, but what a crock of poo that post is.

Check out Ter's personality, cluck cluck. :D

What are Dunbar and Linnane's?

Dunbar's is "No My Joab" (I think "Not my job" but an inside joke thing)

Bettega believes goals aren't Dunbar's concern because it's not his job, but judging by his stats neither are clean sheets!

This is actually untrue, as in my save he's a really good centre back who scores quite a few for me. So that's another bug in need of fixing lol :D

Did the search, turns out 2 of the players are in my first team squad, and one i released last year after not fulfilling the potential he was meant to have!

Glen Wakeford (Been a good left back for me!)

Mark Pendrey (Decent right back cover)

Nev Dhanjal...released!

Not all of them are SI/SEGA employees. People who previously entered face in the game are also in as regens, so they may well be regular forum posters. They don't have the funny reports though.

Not all of them are SI/SEGA employees. People who previously entered face in the game are also in as regens, so they may well be regular forum posters. They don't have the funny reports though.

Yeah I am pretty sure I have seen a few names of people who I beta tested FML with doing that faceinthegame search, I do seem to vaguely recall something to do with SI running a comp of some description to get your name included in the FM database

• SI Staff
This is actually untrue, as in my save he's a really good centre back who scores quite a few for me. So that's another bug in need of fixing lol

It certainly is, he hasn't scored since he was 11 years old

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Did the search, turns out 2 of the players are in my first team squad, and one i released last year after not fulfilling the potential he was meant to have!

Glen Wakeford (Been a good left back for me!)

Mark Pendrey (Decent right back cover)

Nev Dhanjal...released!

I finally made it \o/

do you all buy yourselves?

If I were in the game I'm not sure I could resist the urge to play myself every week, even if it meant ten world-class players all desperately trying to cover my many, many inadequacies, and championships lost throgh my tendency to slice volleys into my own net.

(I'm a flair-20, technique-2 kind of player)

Yeah it would be pretty awesome to find myself in there as well.

I also found though that when I put in the faceinthegame search, a regen I made an edt file for him to come in on season 2 was in the list, as he has my name and DOB.

@ MatthewLeGod, that's pretty cool that it is you. On my current save you are a 19 year old at Oldham Reserves.

None of the faceinthegame people are in my team so far unfortunately.

ive got one named paulo playing for my brazil team in 2017

if he doesnt work for si then who is he

I got Paulo aswell by doing this search in my San Marino game.

He was one of the best in the game and came from CFR Cluj.

I want to be in the game:(

I usually edit myself in but i am always too tempted to make myself a world class 17 year old.

then I try and load a save and watch my progress throughout my career, but I always end up buying myself if I end up playing for a crap team or get relegated.

Archived