There's realistic come-backs...and then...well...

Just makes you sick sometimes doesn't it... My worst was when I was winning 2-0 at half time in the Champs League final, going down 4-2. It's a horrible feeling of emptiness, desperation and helplessness every FM player is all too familiar with... :(

I can empathaize, playing as Sunderland, playing at home against Birmingham (yes, that's rght, Birmingham). At half-time we're crusing, we're 3-0 up, ten minutes into the second half we're 4-0 up...and then it begins. No matter what I do, or how I tweak my tactics I'm powerless, suddenly I find myself playing against Brazil, who are masquerading in Birmingham's colours and I end up losing the game 4-5 and they scored all their goals in the last 30mins. :mad:

It happens all the time in my game. If you are losing in a big match you just go quick tempo, high closing down and high defensive line. Suddenly the opposition bottles it and you start scoring loads of goals. Yesterday I beat Man Utd 4-3 in the Champions League final doing this, even though I was 3-0 down. In the last version I'd beat the likes of Arsenal and Inter 5 or 6 nil in a second leg if I lost the first one. I think they start defending too deep/playing defensively so they get punished for it.

Archived