Resigning from a Club - the lack of detail involved

I mean, i've been manager of Spurs for 9 years, won all the trophies imaginable, and then after my 3rd Champions League Final victory, I decide to resign from my position, to take on new challenges.

Is there any fuss made whatsoever? No. I simply resign and thats it - a message comes up saying i've left, and that a random reserve coach has decided to follow me out the club.

Theres not even a message from the board saying thankyou for what i've done. No fans message saying how upset they are that my era is finally over.

Theres not even a press conference asking why I decided to resign in the first place.

Anyone else think a few little touches like this would be nice? I'm not asking for much, just something that shows that your resignation has actually made a big impact. It seems like the greatest manager a club has ever had can simply leave and no one blinks an eyelid.

How about being able to call a press conference, and then you explain your decision to leave? And maybe if you announce it in the press conference before you let the board know, then they can act suprised and try to keep you on with a new contract?

Or maybe if you have an option where you can annouce you will leave at the end of the season, and this can have an effect, positive or negative, on your players.

Just SOMETHING, ANYTHING, rather than a simple message propping up that you've resigned. I mean after I resigned, Spurs appointed Carlos Quiroz (my assistant) as new manager within like a week and I felt like my period at the club had already been forgotten.

This has always been something that I'd like have seen expanded as the game progressed over the years and I'm glad that you've actually brought it up. Hopefully this will be looked at and developed following suggestions of users.

Incorporating the press release feature in to the resignation is a good idea and hopefully with the future expansion of the press releases this could be done with ease.

Yeah, agreed. I hate to post a 123 but I do simply agree. Maybe you can announce retirement at the end of a season or something and the board (or even players!) can try and talk you around out of it? I think the ability to call your own press conferences would be really good, instead of only having them before/after matches and when you get hired. It's a whole untapped realm of media-interaction possibility.

Archived