Takeovers

Inter, wrecked my first season there because of transfer sanctions, plus the fact the first guy who wanted to takeover wanted to replace me as manager after id only played about 10 games, thankfully it fell through after 3 or 4 attempts to takeover, eventually someone else took over in about April and gave me 145m to spend!

Are there any takeover in FM 08 in the lower leagues?Cus I realy need money :D

If you get taken over there is no guarantee that the new owners will put in lots of money. The best thing to do is arrange as many home friendlies as you can against the biggest teams you can persuade to play you. I did this with a game once while managing Dundee in Scotland and managed to make £3 million pounds. I got knocked out of the cup competitions at an early stage so had plenty of free dates for arranging these.

Blackpool. I have started a new game with every patch, every time a board takeover at some point during the first season. Partly accurate, as there is no way Oyston has any feelings for the club. Unnaccurate in that he would not get his grimey claws out of it so easily IRL.

I've just suffered through a lengthy take-over process at my beloved Leeds United (no surprises there).

It started off with news claiming a business tycoon was attempting the take-over. "Nice", I thought. "Bring it on - bring me the big bucks!". Naturally that fell through. Then a consortium, headed by Neil Mellor came into play. Negotiations lasted for two months, and then the transfer embargo was put on me. Mellor also stated that he would replace me with John Gregory (despite me having won promotion to the Championship in my first season, and almost managed promotion to the Premier League in the second - early on in the third now, and we're chasing promotion again).

The only reasonably good news were that he was going to inject a couple of million into my transfer kitty, and he promised to expand our training and youth facilities.

Well, after about a month of suffering through uncertainty about my job and missing out on a vital transfer I had planned to make - I was finally told that Mellor was going to allow me to stay on as manager, as he had been impressed with the support I was getting from fans and players.

But - then he went back on his promise to inject any money into my transfer kitty, and he also decided against any improvements to my facilities.

I can honestly say I'm not happy about the take-over :(

I've just suffered through a lengthy take-over process at my beloved Leeds United (no surprises there).

It started off with news claiming a business tycoon was attempting the take-over. "Nice"' date=' I thought. "Bring it on - bring me the big bucks!". Naturally that fell through. Then a consortium, headed by Neil Mellor came into play. Negotiations lasted for two months, and then the transfer embargo was put on me. Mellor also stated that he would replace me with John Gregory (despite me having won promotion to the Championship in my first season, and almost managed promotion to the Premier League in the second - early on in the third now, and we're chasing promotion again).

The only reasonably good news were that he was going to inject a couple of million into my transfer kitty, and he promised to expand our training and youth facilities.

Well, after about a month of suffering through uncertainty about my job and missing out on a vital transfer I had planned to make - I was finally told that Mellor was going to allow me to stay on as manager, as he had been impressed with the support I was getting from fans and players.

But - then he went back on his promise to inject any money into my transfer kitty, and he also decided against any improvements to my facilities.

I can honestly say I'm not happy about the take-over :([/quote']

The same thing happen to my latest game with Leeds. Luckily I don't really need the money but I could do with an improvement on training facility

Archived