hello

i have just bought this game for my grandson. the download went ok ,and he can log on to the game. my question is why are thre no logos on the club badges? and why can we not see the game played in 3d?. i feel that we might have missed something. is there a facility where we could have a copy of the game sent on disc?

hope this makes sense

grandad:)

The only logos that will appear are the ones which SI have the licenses for, such as the Championship and BBVA Liga, the Premier League logos will not appear for this reason.

Does your computer match the minimum specs?

PC System Requirements

OS - Windows Vista or XP

Processor Speed - Vista - 2.0GHz, XP - 1.4GHz Memory - Vista - 1GB, XP - 512MB Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

If not, the 3D match view may be unavailable.

Ohh I didnt do it by steam, didnt no you needed to download it, my bad :rolleyes:

Where did you download it from then? If you downloaded the game from anywhere but Steam then surely it's illegal?

I'll give you the chance to explain before I use the P word.

Where did you download it from then? If you downloaded the game from anywhere but Steam then surely it's illegal?

I'll give you the chance to explain before I use the P word.

IIRC, there are a couple of other sites where you can purchase the digital download version, can't remember them off the top of my head though

I don't get it. If you downloaded the game but didn't download it from Steam, then where did you get it?

Edit: Just seen ftg87's post. I see, I thought you could only download the game from Steam, but it seems that I am wrong.

For future reference, it's a site called Gamersgate that you can download it legally from, don't really think anyone cares, but I just spend what felt like ages going through all my posts to try to find the thread that this was posted in so I feel I have to post it :D

I have the box which i brought myself .. I installed it but nothing about Steam come up.

When you popped your disc in and installed the game, Did a little box pop up asking you to activate your game using the key logger (which is found on the back of the manual) either by using Steam Or Uniloc?

Do you have a PC or a MAC?

For future reference, it's a site called Gamersgate that you can download it legally from, don't really think anyone cares, but I just spend what felt like ages going through all my posts to try to find the thread that this was posted in so I feel I have to post it :D

Oh right. Thanks for letting me know. :thup:.

When you popped your disc in and installed the game, Did a little box pop up asking you to activate your game using the key logger (which is found on the back of the manual) either by using Steam Or Uniloc?

Do you have a PC or a MAC?

Yes I activated the key from the back of the manual after a hour trying to find it .. I tbh don't know if either popped up as I was trying to hurry up and get on the game and then wait to download the patches.

Yes I activated the key from the back of the manual after a hour trying to find it .. I tbh don't know if either popped up as I was trying to hurry up and get on the game and then wait to download the patches.

I think you must have chosen Uniloc then. I chose that but (and i hope someone who has steam can verify this) if you chose steam the steam client would have been downloaded and your game would get any updates (Patches) released by SI auotmactically. :thup: Did you download the patches yourself or did the game do it itself?

I think you must have chosen Uniloc then. I chose that but (and i hope someone who has steam can verify this) if you chose steam the steam client would have been downloaded and your game would get any updates (Patches) released by SI auotmactically. :thup: Did you download the patches yourself or did the game do it itself?

I downloaded them my self unfortunality lol

Why unfortunately?

I did it this way, don't like the idea of something else being automated, prefer to look after FM myself rather than have another piece of software take over my computer and do it for me

Nah your better off doing it yourself as i ahve seen numerous people who used Steam have all sorts of problems as Steam keeps trying to update thier game for no reason. As long as you have done all that and the game is working then hey presto! your good. :D

Happy FM Gaming. :thup:

1) SI does not hold the rights for logos and badges in the game.

2) You should be able to see it in 3D, the game automatically sends you to 3D when a match is started unless you have 3D switched off.

Edit: You can find logos, kits and skins in here

hey

thanks everyone for your welcome and replies.

i did down load it through steam (paid 29.99)steam short cut on the desk top. to launch game.

the answer to the logo seems logical (did not know there is arights issue). can you tell me where to switch on 3d?

ynwa

hey

thanks everyone for your welcome and replies.

i did down load it through steam (paid 29.99)steam short cut on the desk top. to launch game.

the answer to the logo seems logical (did not know there is arights issue). can you tell me where to switch on 3d?

ynwa

Go into Options then Preferences then Display & Sound in your game. But could be that your PC specs may not be able to watch 3D View.

ok

just tried this and the display/sound options do not appear in preferences, so it must be the spec on my pc but i think the spec is ok.

os xp, intel pentium 4cpu 3.20ghz, ge force 7200gs 128mb, 200gb hd (80gb free).soundblaster x-fi xtreme.

do i need better spec than this?

ok

just tried this and the display/sound options do not appear in preferences, so it must be the spec on my pc but i think the spec is ok.

os xp, intel pentium 4cpu 3.20ghz, ge force 7200gs 128mb, 200gb hd (80gb free).soundblaster x-fi xtreme.

do i need better spec than this?

In Options, Preferences, Display & Sound is there. In Display & Sound there should be a section called 3D Settings. In there if you can tick a box called Enable 3D Settings, Then tick it. But if the box doesn't let you tick it then your PC Graphics Card may not be good enough. There should also be Graphics Detail with a drop down box in 3D Settings and Show Players Names, Show Sky & Show Stadiums should also be in there.

Here is a screenshot to see how it should look:

Click Me:

no my menu looks nothing like this. i noticed on the screen shot that it says fm2009 9.2

my menu has fm2009-1. i only downloaded this 2 days ago. would the 9.2 patch be included?

Did you download from Steam? If so then Steam should update the game for you automactically. If you bought the game from a shop then download the patch (9.2.0).

Where exactly did you buy your game from?

i bought it from steam, as i say my prefrences menu does not include things like 3d,graphics detail, sound, stadium sky etc.. it has language,currency,height weight and so on.

Right so did you look in Display & Sound as i said earlier? You will have this no matter what evrsion of the game you have. :confused: You need to look in the proper section.

At the top of the page go into Options.

Then look for Preferences, Go into there.

Then look for Display & Sound, Go Into there.

In Display & sound, Is there a 3D Settings Section?

If you do not have that then your graphics card cannot load 3D Settings. But please check whether you can tick the box next to 3D Settings.

Archived