I've turned off 3d

Well done, good for you, have a cookie, various other pleasantries :p

In all seriousness, if that's how you feel about 3D then fair play, got no argument with that, personally, I don't find any of those things an issue, but each to their own :thup:

I think if I had a computer that struggled to run the 3D match view that would have been on of the first things I'd have done. Luckily, I am able to watch it smoothly and I really like it, which was the last thing I was expecting.

Same here mate. I am lucky enough to be able to watch my matches in 3D which do tell me more about my players positioning and right now i am wondering why my full backs seem to always loose the the man they should be marking by always becoming into the CB's position. I have tried everything to stop this but always happens. 3D for me is so smooth and after the first few weeks when i thought this was a waste of time, 3D now has won me over.

I think if I had a computer that struggled to run the 3D match view that would have been on of the first things I'd have done. Luckily, I am able to watch it smoothly and I really like it, which was the last thing I was expecting.

Mirrors my view to be honest. I didn't think I'd get a benefit over the 2d view.

Only other thing I'd say to the OP is, I play on a laptop that sits on the minimum spec and it doesn't struggle with quality of frame rate. I'd definitely check drivers and directX to see if it could be improved....

You aren't really missing much what with all the bugs 'n' all. I prefer to read commentary across the bottom of the page always have, always will. Hardly EVER used 2d so when 3d came out i was a little scepitcal. Unfortunately it shows the amount of times that stupid things happen that in IRL would NEVER happen (i.e no pressure from opposition your defender will kick it out for a corner etc....)

There isnt really anything wrong with 3d, its just unfortunate that the original match engine is unfinished once again.

BUT i am enjoying the game tho, just finished my 2nd undefeated season :cool:

You aren't really missing much what with all the bugs 'n' all. I prefer to read commentary across the bottom of the page always have, always will. Hardly EVER used 2d so when 3d came out i was a little scepitcal. Unfortunately it shows the amount of times that stupid things happen that in IRL would NEVER happen (i.e no pressure from opposition your defender will kick it out for a corner etc....)

There isnt really anything wrong with 3d, its just unfortunate that the original match engine is unfinished once again.

BUT i am enjoying the game tho, just finished my 2nd undefeated season :cool:

You've still got the same match engine when you use commentary only, so the same defensive mistakes are still there. You just don't see them. Saying you avoid the graphical representation so that's not apparent is like saying you don't look at the rain to make you believe it's not there.

By the way, players don't seem to kick balls out for corners for no apparent reason. At least they don't in my games. Maybe I have better defenders, where as ones with a lack of confidence would kick the ball out.

Mirrors my view to be honest. I didn't think I'd get a benefit over the 2d view.

Only other thing I'd say to the OP is, I play on a laptop that sits on the minimum spec and it doesn't struggle with quality of frame rate. I'd definitely check drivers and directX to see if it could be improved....

And I always thought SEGA employees had all the best, most expensive toys...

I really like the 3D view... I don't use it too much, usually only to watch great goals. I've watched a couple of full matches and enjoyed it. People moaning about the actual graphics don't understand the point of 3D mode. It's not about making the game look like FIFA09.

Oddly enough, on classic view I got frustrated with the 3D pitch especially when players would do stupid things like watch the ball for 10 seconds then get tackled or the worse was when it hit the post and I had 3 players in the box and not one moved to the ball, and then the opposition scored. However I switched ot TV view and the game seems to run a lot more smoothly with less stupid hiccups so maybe having it on classic view puts more pressure on the computer then TV view.

I might eventually go with 3d, because i remember when CM4 came out i was a bit sceptical about the 2D, and prefered using Commentary only, I love the 2D engine now, can't believe i used to rely on commentary

3D Still looks crap though, and by looking crap i mean released on the Commodore 64 crap

3D Match engine runs fine on my new PC, but I've chosen to stick to the 2D match engine as I simply enjoy it more. I don't mind simplistic graphics, but the lack of animations just make the gameplay look sloppy and doesn't do well enough to replicate a game of football. 2D leaves more to the imagination, so I can picture my players having more finesse than the 11 people who punt the ball around in 3D.

I love the elevated TV view but the other angles arent any good for anything other than watching goals - pretty much the same as TV football coverage.

No way I could go back to 2d now, same as I felt about text only when 2d 1st came in

Unfortunately it shows the amount of times that stupid things happen that in IRL would NEVER happen (i.e no pressure from opposition your defender will kick it out for a corner etc....)

See you say that, but I remember being in Glasgow watching Celtic v Dundee in the Scottish Cup in about 1994/1995. Celtic had a left back called Lee Martin (ex-Manchester United) who during that game, and for no apparent reason turned on the ball so that he was facing Stuart Kerr, Celtic goalkeeper, and blasted the ball past him from about 20 yards out. Fortunately the ball went wide. He was not under any pressure, in fact there was not a Dundee player within 20 yards of him. Still cannot work out to this day what he thougt he was doing.

FM09 is a great game but you must recycle bin the vintage 3D in favour of the wide classic 2D.

The Commodore Amiga handled 3D in a far superior way if you look at " The Manager " for Amiga, early '90 stuff for youngsters.

Archived