Amazing wonderkids - for free? Bug?

Hi, I just started my second season as Hull and I decided to search for a few prospective forwards. I used the search parameters and filtered out unrealistic signings. Of the 3 that come up, 2m of them are Bojan (Barcelona) and Sturridge (Man City). Both these players are, in my opinion, extremely bright prospects well known throughout Europe and very valuable assets and yet they have both seem to have been released on free transfers.

Is this a known bug? Am I the only one to have encountered it? I mean I'd love to sign them for Hull but it wouldn't be very realistic.

Has everyone who has seen this happen had Spain running as an active league?

I ask because I currently have 2 saves that are past the start of the 2nd season and I haven't noticed Bojan, or any of the other various players that people have mentioned in these threads, released in similar circumstances to these and I never bother with having Spain as an active league so was wondering if this has a bearing on this bug

Has everyone who has seen this happen had Spain running as an active league?

I ask because I currently have 2 saves that are past the start of the 2nd season and I haven't noticed Bojan, or any of the other various players that people have mentioned in these threads, released in similar circumstances to these and I never bother with having Spain as an active league so was wondering if this has a bearing on this bug

Spain is active on mine an Bojan still got released. One difference between Spain being active or not is the Marcelo thing. If you have Spain active then there is no problem, however if its not active he has a silly minimum release clause of about 5.5 mill i i think.

Spain is active on mine an Bojan still got released. One difference between Spain being active or not is the Marcelo thing. If you have Spain active then there is no problem, however if its not active he has a silly minimum release clause of about 5.5 mill i i think.

That only happened for on the demo, in the full game, it was Gago who was listed with a 5 mil asking fee

A silly bug indeed. It seems like the AI do not care about "wonderkids", or any young talented players for that matter, at all in FM09. They free fransfer them, sell them for near to nothing (has anyone seen the "he´s an important player for the future"-rejection from a team in FM09?), and never ever buy a player under 20 if he don´t go straight into the first team.

But, as mentioned, it´s a known issue and likely fixed with the next patch. I hope.

Bojan is currently earning £120 p/w in my team. (Atletico Madrid) - I also have lots of other 'wonderkid' types on the same contract - in first season I also found a number of promising brazilian kids with min release fee of £170,000.

Oh, yeah Thiago is on the same contract but Sturridge wanted more (about £5k I think)

Bojan is currently earning £120 p/w in my team. (Atletico Madrid) - I also have lots of other 'wonderkid' types on the same contract - in first season I also found a number of promising brazilian kids with min release fee of £170,000.

Oh, yeah Thiago is on the same contract but Sturridge wanted more (about £5k I think).

even Camacho who is turning into an awesome midfielder has just asked for a new contract as he is now a first team regular - he wanted £500 p/w!!

In my current game, Bojan, and most of the other European "wonderkids" - though not Sturridge - seemed to be locked down to long term contracts. However, in China, where I'm currently managing, it's a very different story. At the beginning of the third season, I've just picked up nearly half the Chinese U21 team (regens), all of which are at least good enough for mid-table Super League, with potential to spare, on frees, and a couple more went to other clubs.

I signed those two you mention as well as the likes of Henrique at the end of the first season. I offered Bojan a lot more than he wanted to make sure I got him.

Let's not complain about it. Mind you Bojan has had a slow start 4 goals in 12 games so far. I'm sure he'll improve. In my previous game he averaged more than a goal a game.

Archived