Question on Midfielder rating bug?

I've seen reference to a bug with the ME that causes MC(a)/AMC to have low ratings during/after matches. I myself have noticed this with my MC(a) in my game and thought he was just playing badly (I brought in a new midfielder). I did a search for this bug but had no luck (other than a few posts mentioning it in the tactic forums).

My question is this, is there a way to get the MC(a)/AMC to play better, or is the rating he's getting a bug? Should I ignore the rating until the patch or is he actually playing badly? Thanks!

The only thing I have ever noticed is that players seem to get hit with a noticeable drop in rating when moved into an AMC position. My MCs seem to be fine. One of them seems to be having dire first halves of matches of late, but I just tell him to go out and 'prove a point' in my half time team talk, and after that he's on fire.

The team talk options 'I expect a performance' and 'prove a point' really seem to do a good job of motivating my players, but I try to only use them if the player has been playing below par, has been moaning or is playing at less than about 6.2 (depends on situation) in a first half. Too much use is likely to cause some resentment, and I would also think it depends very much on the type of player.

As for the much talked about bug, well head on over to the bugs forum and check the known issues. You may find something in there. Personally, I think that reading about a bug makes you notice it more and you start to see happenings that could easily be explained down to other things. In other words, reading bugs makes you see bugs.

anagain is right. Because it is a bug, the low rating doesn't mean he's playing badly and needs changing. I also have perfectly good players who get good ratings as MCs but when I move them up to AMC the assman tells me they're rubbish. We're talking no lesser players than Gerrard and Fabregas by the way!!!

The only thing I have ever noticed is that players seem to get hit with a noticeable drop in rating when moved into an AMC position. My MCs seem to be fine. One of them seems to be having dire first halves of matches of late, but I just tell him to go out and 'prove a point' in my half time team talk, and after that he's on fire.

The team talk options 'I expect a performance' and 'prove a point' really seem to do a good job of motivating my players, but I try to only use them if the player has been playing below par, has been moaning or is playing at less than about 6.2 (depends on situation) in a first half. Too much use is likely to cause some resentment, and I would also think it depends very much on the type of player.

As for the much talked about bug, well head on over to the bugs forum and check the known issues. You may find something in there. Personally, I think that reading about a bug makes you notice it more and you start to see happenings that could easily be explained down to other things. In other words, reading bugs makes you see bugs.

Yeah, I agree that ignorance is bliss. I stay away from the bugs forums for that reason. I actually did go to the bug forum and did a search, for this issue, but no luck. I just noticed the bug mentioned in two separate tactical threads, which is why I posted here. My MC(a) definitely gets a lot of low ratings and the AM is always telling me he's having a bad game. I'm just curious if anyone knows specifically what this bug is? Is the MC(a) playing badly or is the rating off?

Even when I play with two MC (4-4-2), the one who has attacking instructions has always a very low rating, most of the times under 6. The half-time team talk maybe improves his rating slightly, but no more than 6.5. It also happens when I play a 4-1-3-2, with one DM and one MC. This ends up with my creative mids having appalling av rating, the fans complaining, their moral declining etc. A bug, if you ask me.

It is definitely a bug. There are 2-3 posts about this in the bugs forum (I posted one of them). Somebody said SI is aware of it and it will be fixed in 3rd patch, but personally I haven't seen anybody from SI responding to hose threads. VEry annoying bug, made me stop playing my Leeds game in my 3rd season.

I like playing 4-1-3-2, and my MC gets really low rating if he has a forward arrow (which means frequent forward runs). When I remove the arrow his rating goes up instantly. I really hope this will be fixed. It may appear like a small thing, nevertheless I can't play an otherwise almost perfect game like this.

See, this is why SI keeps disappointing me over and over again. A bug like this should be very easy to fix, but in every version they leave some bugs like this one not fixed, and concentrate on the new version, which adds new features and new bugs of course!!!

SI, can't you focus on ironing out the current bugs once for a change :(

Archived