Fergie and Utd

ok.... now im 2022 and mr ferguson is still going at the grand old age of 80 right.... that could could COULD just be possible however unlikely, but are Utd really going to NOT sack him which has just happened after hes got them relegated with a media prediction of 6th? lol, loyalty is one thing, that is just another

Having replaced Fergie at the very start of my game as Man Utd manager, he's still hanging around in 2015 having been unemployed ever since. 73 isn't ridiculously old; but surely being replaced at Man Utd and being unemployed for so long he'd be almost forced into retirement.

Also Van Der Sar, Scholes, Giggs and Neville show no signs of retirement despite sitting in the reserves for the last 5 seasons at least, with ages ranging from 40-44. They're all unhappy at lack of first team football too, but refuse to go on loan to any of my affiliate clubs. Do they really expect to be first team regulars in their mid-forties??

Having replaced Fergie at the very start of my game as Man Utd manager, he's still hanging around in 2015 having been unemployed ever since. 73 isn't ridiculously old; but surely being replaced at Man Utd and being unemployed for so long he'd be almost forced into retirement.

Also Van Der Sar, Scholes, Giggs and Neville show no signs of retirement despite sitting in the reserves for the last 5 seasons at least, with ages ranging from 40-44. They're all unhappy at lack of first team football too, but refuse to go on loan to any of my affiliate clubs. Do they really expect to be first team regulars in their mid-forties??

VDS, Giggs and Neville all want to become coaches, so maybe if you hint towards them getting a place in your backroom staff?

I did this with Giggs and he's now a talented youth coach after only two seasons, and I don't think it will be long untill VDS becomes a goalkeeping coach either..

I wouldnt even **** on him if he was on fire, and that's a fact.

How's that for insensitive? :p

I'd would. Albeit only if i'd been drinking petrol for 5 days beforehand.......

But back on topicish.

That is a bit crazy. I mean, his retired once in real life already, so I cant see him going for much longer. And surely by 2022 he'd be 800. Not 80. Must have been a typo.

And surely by 2022 he'd be 800. Not 80. Must have been a typo.

2022 is only 13 years away so why would he be 800? :confused:

As for him hanging around as Man Utd until he's 80, it's a little strange. I would have thought the game would be coded for him to retire in a couple of seasons time.

ok.... now im 2022 and mr ferguson is still going at the grand old age of 80 right.... that could could COULD just be possible however unlikely, but are Utd really going to NOT sack him which has just happened after hes got them relegated with a media prediction of 6th? lol, loyalty is one thing, that is just another

Man U on their 3rd manager since Fergie on my game in 2013!

It makes a real change, all the previous Championship Manager/Football Manager games had Ferguson sacked within a season or 2 of your career starting. I was starting to think that the makers of CM/FM had a vendetta against Sir Alex.

Football Manager 2009 is a lot more realistic with regards to his abilities than the previous incarnation of the series.

I know that these comments (coupled with the fact that I am a United supporter) will not be popular and that I will probably get a barrel load of abuse thrown at me for this but I feel compelled to put them anyway. Talking about someone dieing and whether you'd do anything if they were on fire is totally inappropriate and completely offensive. It is certainly not the sort of comments that should be made on a forum that does have many children as members. I can understand that supporters of other clubs dislike Fergie and I can even understand that to a certain degree as I'm very sure if he managed Liverpool or Chelsea then I would not be a big fan but there is a world of difference between that and some of the comments that have been made in this thread.

I know that these comments (coupled with the fact that I am a United supporter) will not be popular and that I will probably get a barrel load of abuse thrown at me for this but I feel compelled to put them anyway. Talking about someone dieing and whether you'd do anything if they were on fire is totally inappropriate and completely offensive. It is certainly not the sort of comments that should be made on a forum that does have many children as members. I can understand that supporters of other clubs dislike Fergie and I can even understand that to a certain degree as I'm very sure if he managed Liverpool or Chelsea then I would not be a big fan but there is a world of difference between that and some of the comments that have been made in this thread.

Not really mate - i totally agree with you.

You could argue that it reflects very badly on the mods, forum and Sport Interactive that this has been left open.

Particularly the mods ( i reported this post yesterday), if you open a thread on the new patch.... its closed. If you open a thread regarding SI customer service....its closed. If you open a thread because ur p@ssEd off about aspects of the game, ur called a muppet...then its closed. If you open a thread with a genuine question on the game that could be answered if you had searched the forum....your called an idiot then its closed.

If you post on a Football Manager thread joking about one of the greatest managers of all time dying.....its left open.

Whether it is a joke or whatever should be irrelevant it is awful taste and genuinely offensive.....:thdn:

I wouldnt even **** on him if he was on fire, and that's a fact.

How's that for insensitive? :p

We don't really care but good for you.

Anyway, having played previous FMs, I'm very disappointed that he never tries to get another job when he leaves United (after I replace him). Does this still happen in 09?

Archived