Does a board ultimatum ever work?

As with a few other people here, it worked a few times for me on 07 for things like more transfer funds and stadium expansions but never again on 08 or 09.

On 08 I got fired after issuing an ultimatum to my Bristol City board for a higher wage budget. That was after over 25 seasons there with them having won every trophy possible for about the last 3 seasons and being over £75million in the black.

To be honest I think it's pretty realistic that its incredibly rare to be successful. How many real life charimen would take kindly to be given an ultimatum by their manager - someone who works beneath them?

That's absolutely true in reality. But imagine a manager that does SO well, that he wins as good as every prize there is to win year after year after year? This is of course not realistic, but in FM it happens all of the time to us, right?

If he wants the board to allow better training fields, why would they refuse? After all, he's a guarantee for winning titles and a huge income stream that will definitely cover the costs. Even expanding the stadium shouldn't be a problem then. If players like Ronaldo can force the board to give him a better wage time and again, a godlike manager will surely be able to do the same on a larger scale.

That's absolutely true in reality. But imagine a manager that does SO well, that he wins as good as every prize there is to win year after year after year? This is of course not realistic, but in FM it happens all of the time to us, right?

You must be a bit better than me... struggling to get Bradford City into the top half of League 2 despite being one the favourites for promotion!

It really shouldn't ever work. What chairman will keep a manager that gives such ultimatums? Success isn't relevant, the chairman/board are in charge, not the manager.

Sir Alex , Dario Gradi

If they gives an ultimatum,surely the board will talk to them.And in the game too,it works like that

Archived