This just sucks

...just had a season where i was expected to get a good midfield position with a team i took over and led to 5th place after them being relegation contenders. So i got 5th again, but now my salary budget has been dropped from 1.8 to 1.4 mil. after being 2.1 when i took over the club. And now they want me to get promoted. But with this budget i cant get any decent players, and even lost 4!!!! 1st team players because i couldnt offer a contract anywhere near what they wanted. So the only option was to ask the board for more budget. I knew they wouldnt do it and went with the ultimatum. They fired me. Well better than being moaned upon the whole season for underachieving with a squad that would basically have consisted of nearly one half of youth players as i couldnt afford any others or my old squad.

:thdn:

In a similar situation with Lazio right now. We are losing 1.4m a month, even though I am 200k under the wage budget due to the 75m state loan repayments and 800k a month 'maintenence' on Olympico.

Nothing to spend for two seasons, hanging on like grim death in the top 7 but a slide seems inevitable as the only players I seem to be able to attract are 35 years old. :D

Archived