Highest fee payed/received for a single player?

Martin O'Neill thinks Ashley Young is as good as Messi and Ronaldo. By that logic you got a bargain!

I paid £30m for Fabio Quagliarella in my Roma game. To my considerable relief, he's scoring plenty of goals.

Carrick £18M - but United are interested in taking him back and he's not been as good as I'd hoped...

Sold Oba Martins for 14.5M. He had been amazing but hit a long spell of poor performances so I shipped him out.

Wee Aja - question is, do you think Aguero was worth you coughing up that much?

Highest Paid: $185m for Lionel Messi from Barca.

(Yeah, it's a lot but it's honestly the best upgrade I could make with the money I had)

Highest Received: $35,5m+clauses(ends up around $52m) for Mirko Vucinic from Roma.

(He's a great player but I needed too free up space for youngsters to come in)

Highest Fee Paid: €7K for a winger.

Highest Fee Received: €130K for a defender.

I chose not to name the players as some don't appreciate it in this section of the forums, even if the players aren't good enough for the top leagues.

Just starting off with Man City, had to shell out 28 million for Ashley Young:eek:

Imo he's worth that. Best left winger in the Premiership. If you count Ronaldo as a Right Winger, which I do.

paid 75m for a regen defender, way overpriced but hes the perfect captain and hes only 24, so i figured it was a good long term investment (sold my old bench defender for 30m)

I thought you were a wheeler dealer? :p

On FM08, I sold Fabregas for 55M, after only 6 months in charge of Arsenal.

My highest fee paid would be... 19.5M for Diego, in FM09.

I've got a feeling that I paid about 30 for David Silva, but I can't remember(this would've been 08).

This was an AI transfer, not one of mine.

But Barcelona have just paid Chelsea £62 million for a 31 year old Michael Essien!

I know he's got natural fitness of 20 and all, but really now, that's silly. He's only on a 2 year contract, and that's costing them another £8 million.

I bought Wesley Sneijder for £38million and he is worth every penny.

Sold Lucas Leiva to Man City for £32.5million. In this same transfer window (Jan 09) City bought Pennant for £12.5million, Bennayoun for £16million, Charles Itandje for £6million and Fabio Aurelio for £12.5million.

So as you can see i had a pretty productive transfer window in Jan 09 bringing in £79.5million all from City. This gave me the money to spend on Sneijder along with Henry and Ashley Young.

Archived