regional scouting sucks?

Whenever I put my scouts to regional scouting, they'll return with only 3 or 4 scouted players, sometimes none at all. I know it's supposed to be less in depth than selecting a specific country but come on, there should be more reports than that. Am I doing something wrong??

Sometimes depends on the scouts I think as well,, I always first go for a high rating in judge ability and potential,,and then also Determination. Also to note does the scout you are sending to these areas, have any prior knowledge of these area's specifically ( that helps )??? Also on this years game it does take a little longer before reports start to come back anyway, and Sending to search a whole region will take even longer in anycase. But you should still get more results than 2 or 3 ? But are you still in the transfer window period with 2 or 3 results or has your season started yet ? Another thing that I think slows the results in this years game,, is sending a scout already on a assingment somewhere else to get a report on someone you have scouted yourself,,,scouts cant be two places at the same time,,, I had this problem when I first started with Rangers,,I got new scouts , tried by country at first , then sent a couple to regions and all was fine, ,,My advice would be,, GET NEW SCOUTS,, and then send a few by country , and a couple by region , and keep one seperate for next opponent and reports etc,,.,see if you notice any differences ;)

I have a large database. For example, I'll choose for the scout to look at eastern Europe, where I have Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, Russia, etc as playable leagues. My scout hardly ever comes back with any reports.

I'm guessing he just doesn't think the players are good enough. Go to your scouting section and have a look at his player reports. You'll find a list of players there, with ratings, and you can make your own mind up if any of the ones he didn't recommend are good enough.

thanks for the responses. Let me elaborate a little more. I'm playing as Jihlava in the Czech top division and I'm a relegation candidate (not very promising for scouting talent I know). However, I have 6 scouts, all with at least 15 in both judging ability and potential. Their determination is at least 10. Now, I always get a healthy amount of reports if I scout a single country. But, if I scout a region, my scouts always end up coming back saying they couldn't find anyone at all that'd be worth it. However, some get 3-4 reports (when I click view reports) of either old, useless players that are actually crap for even my team or some 20 year old that costs 2mils which I can't afford. I'll just scout country by country if I really have to but I'd much rather have a couple of guys just scouting regions...

thanks for the responses. Let me elaborate a little more. I'm playing as Jihlava in the Czech top division and I'm a relegation candidate (not very promising for scouting talent I know). However, I have 6 scouts, all with at least 15 in both judging ability and potential. Their determination is at least 10. Now, I always get a healthy amount of reports if I scout a single country. But, if I scout a region, my scouts always end up coming back saying they couldn't find anyone at all that'd be worth it. However, some get 3-4 reports (when I click view reports) of either old, useless players that are actually crap for even my team or some 20 year old that costs 2mils which I can't afford. I'll just scout country by country if I really have to but I'd much rather have a couple of guys just scouting regions...

I play as Koper in the Slovenian league, so a similar standard. I have 3 scouts, 1 of which I leave to scout out the next opposition and to follow loans. The other two I send out on nation scouting.

They take a while but I get ample numbers of finds. There's plenty that are rubbish but very few that are too good/costly for me.

If I were you I'd send a few scouts scouting out the youth talent in your own country. I have found some amazing youth talent in Czech Republic. Slovakia too.

I rely on my scouts big time; ok they do return with alot of dross, but it's well worth checking through that dross to find the 2-3 worth chasing each year imho. Patience is the key. :D

I'm a bit sad in an Arsene kind of way; I get a bit of a buzz from finding by scouts some obscure teenager from some obscure team. :o

I've actually found 1 fantastic 16 year old defender from a scout, signed him on a free...his stats are better than any of my 1st team defenders lol. My question was simply if people manage to get any reports with regional scouting or if going country by country is simply better.

I have found a bit of a cheat to get the best wonderkids. You just go into the U19 teams of the world's best clubs and see which ones cost the most. You then scout them to see which ones are the absolute best. I now have around ten players who have the potential to be as good as Lionel Messi, Xavi, Pique and Bojan.

Archived