Match View... Aargh!

ok, so i want to watch every one of my matches in tv view from the moment i press continue after my team talk. But...

sometimes it shows classic view. sometimes it shows overview screen. very rarely it actually shows tv view.

i know its not a major problem its just major annoyance having to press the tv view button every time. Please tell me theres a solution!

In the pre-match build up go to the bottom left of the screen and select TV view there. I have found the game sometimes gets confused, for want of a better word, and forgets to remain in TV view. Like AbsoluteGenius said it may have something to do with watching highlights as they run in classic view.

What I suggested always fixes things for me. The next match will appear in TV view.

Also, in the pre-match build up, you may flick through the different screens (line-ups, pre-match assessment and ass man stuff - yeah, I forget the actual names but I'm sure you're with me). Don't move to team talk if you are still on ass man thoughts, but select line-ups. I find that causes the game to switch out of TV view. No idea why.

It may be that the ass man screen is on the match screen as well, and the line ups isn't. Selecting headings from the menu on match screen will reset you back to classic view. Like I said, I dunno. It's odd.

i will try that. ^^

i think it is when i change the tactics or opposition instructions that it happens.

Yeah sounds like the game's saved view has changed and the first idea I suggested should help.

On the first build up screen.

Hi,

I've got a problem with my game that i hope someone might be able to help me with.

Just got the FM2009 and got it loaded up, started a new game and in middle of pre-season friendlies, but i cant seem to get the 3D match to play for me. When i'm watching the games it is played in the classic 2D format and the little drop down menu where you change it to the 3D mode is unavailable to click on!

Any ideas guys?

Cheers in advance

Hi,

I've got a problem with my game that i hope someone might be able to help me with.

Just got the FM2009 and got it loaded up, started a new game and in middle of pre-season friendlies, but i cant seem to get the 3D match to play for me. When i'm watching the games it is played in the classic 2D format and the little drop down menu where you change it to the 3D mode is unavailable to click on!

Any ideas guys?

Cheers in advance

Does your system meet the minimum specs? If not, then it's quite possible to be the reason

Can't say i have, but my laptop is brand new, only got it for xmas, so i presume it is up to scratch. Surely if the graphics card wasnt good enough, or any of the other specs didnt measure up, the game would simply not load?

It just seems weird how the drop down menu is unavailable, cant seem to figure out why though. I just thought i may have missed something.

Can't say i have, but my laptop is brand new, only got it for xmas, so i presume it is up to scratch. Surely if the graphics card wasnt good enough, or any of the other specs didnt measure up, the game would simply not load? .

Not necessarily, it's possible to play the game with a graphics card that doesn't meet the requirements but the 3D will not work

TBH, I don't know enough about this to advise you any further, my best suggestion is to look through this thread, as I am sure that this is a fairly common issue and that a solution should be in there

No probs, cheers pal. One small question that you may be able to help me out with- Where can i find out what my graphics card is like? and what is the min requirements for the game in terms of the graphics card?

Checked all the other requirements listed in the booklet and matches up to them, but no idea about the graphics card.

Hi,

Any ideas guys?

Cheers in advance

Have you somehow accidentally turned off the 3D cameras in preferences?

Perhaps it turns off by default if your system isn't good enough to run the 3D. Could try turning it on but may not be pretty.

What are your system specs, FM_blade?

No probs, cheers pal. One small question that you may be able to help me out with- Where can i find out what my graphics card is like? and what is the min requirements for the game in terms of the graphics card?

Checked all the other requirements listed in the booklet and matches up to them, but no idea about the graphics card.

Go start > run. Type in dxdiag and click OK.

The front page will tell you your memory and processor. If you then click on display it will tell you your graphics card.

This is for XP. I assume it is the same with Vista.

You can also go into control panel and open 'System' to display your processor and memory. 'Display' will show your graphics card if you go to the settings tab.

As you are using a new comp, I'm assuming that you are using Vista? If so, click Start and then in the search box, type dxdiag, then run the only thing it should find, once it has loaded, click on the display tab and it should tell you there

Actually, ignore that previous post, i'm not currently on the pc i've got my game installed on!

The graphics card on that is the following:

Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express

It has a memory of 128MB, which i think fits the requirements for the game, as i think a video card is the same thing, which it states needs to be 128MB.

Is that right?

Actually, ignore that previous post, i'm not currently on the pc i've got my game installed on!

The graphics card on that is the following:

Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express

It has a memory of 128MB, which i think fits the requirements for the game, as i think a video card is the same thing, which it states needs to be 128MB.

Is that right?

From the back of the box I can see that your graphics is right on the minimum requirements for the game (says Intel 82915G), but I'm not really familiar with Intel. I'm guessing it might not be good enough for the 3D.

Archived