Stupid Match engine problems

When are they going to get fixed?

I played a match where my defender passed the ball back to my keeper and he took 2 touches and stood there for ages and let the attacker take the ball off him to score (rediculous, he didnt even try to kick it!)

I just beat Liverpool 3-0 but my right back crossed the ball into the box and it hit the keepers back and went in, then it was ruled out coz my striker was offside (wtf he wasnt even near the ball)

These problems could have been in the match engine for years its just 3d lets us see them. Are you both patched to 9.2? We can only hope that some of these are fixed in the next patch, failing that hopefully a substantial code of the me for next year is the best we can hope for.

I have no idea why but Victor Valdes always seems to go on Maradona-like runs out of his area. He has cost me quite a few goals because of this. On the other hand he has been a genius at times, single-handedly beating Arsenal in the Champions League by denying them around 15 clearcut chances in one match.

Heres another one, the ball is in the oppositions box and there is an open goal. Instead of my player sprinting in and scoring he starts sidestepping all the way to the ball and by the time he gets there the keeper is back and theres 2 defenders there to cut him off.

Its pointless even playing this

I'm waiting to see what SI come up with for 9.3 but if the defending and other ME problems are not fixed I will cut my losses and try something else.

I want to say I am LOVING this game but the ME can be so much more. If the players on pitch did what they should be doing (i.e. defending properly, moving about properly etc) then it would be the most exciting football manager ever.

One thing I have learned is that I won't be bothering with FM10 this year until the 3rd patch rolls around. It's just not worth playing a fragmented game until it gets patched.

Archived