Bug?? Very Unlikely to happen.

Is it just me but when i go a big team ie. AC Milan if you send your assistant to press confrences why do they say other teams OR rivals are a "certainty" for the league?

I was Arsenal and Pat Rice says "Man Utd Certainty for Premier League"

I was AC Milan and Tassoti says "Internazionale Certainty for Serie A"

Is this a bug or just very stupid as in real life even if These likes of teams assistant would never say that at the start of a season.

Is it just me but when i go a big team ie. AC Milan if you send your assistant to press confrences why do they say other teams OR rivals are a "certainty" for the league?

I was Arsenal and Pat Rice says "Man Utd Certainty for Premier League"

I was AC Milan and Tassoti says "Internazionale Certainty for Serie A"

Is this a bug or just very stupid as in real life even if These likes of teams assistant would never say that at the start of a season.

Would you rather your assistant said you were going to win the title? Then put up with a squad of cocky, over-confident players who think they are the dogs you-know-whats for the whole season?

Yes I would as I wan't FM to as realistic as possible and this isn't realistic at all.

Does Alex Ferguson at the start of every season proclaim Man Utd are going to win the league? Or Chelsea, Liverpool etc? The most realistic thing to do would be to remove that question as it never gets asked in real life, not between the top teams anyway. The lower teams in that leagues managers get asked though, so perhaps it needs adjusting to stop it being asked to a top team.

Does Alex Ferguson at the start of every season proclaim Man Utd are going to win the league? Or Chelsea, Liverpool etc? The most realistic thing to do would be to remove that question as it never gets asked in real life, not between the top teams anyway. The lower teams in that leagues managers get asked though, so perhaps it needs adjusting to stop it being asked to a top team.

Ok but I hope this is in the next patch as it is stupid

I fail to see how saying your own team will win the league makes them Cocky.

I've been asked twice, and on both occasions, I said that I thought Man City would win it.

The first time, it lifted their confidence a little, the second, one player was worried about me... (Probably thought I was a psycho)

I said Chelsea on an old save, and they all lost morale, so I'm not going to do that, am I?

To be honest, how often to top managers get asked who they think will win the league? Hardly ever, as far as I can remember. If they were asked, I imagine they'd usually semi-dodge the question with reference to their own strength but with due deference to the quality of the other contenders.

How realistic is it for a big club to have their assistant taking the press conferences?

Fergie does it quite a lot doesn't he? Something to do with him having a falling out with the bbc. I think Sam Alardyce does it for the same reasons as Fergie.

Fergie does it quite a lot doesn't he? Something to do with him having a falling out with the bbc. I think Sam Alardyce does it for the same reasons as Fergie.

Isn't that just the post match interviews with the BBC? I thought they still attend the general press conferences, I my be wrong though.

Yeah they still attend the general ones but never show on MOTD. I send my assistant to all but the crucial ones but have never seen any significant difference in player attitudes and performances with either him or me attending them, this was one the new features I thought would improve the game but have been left dissapoionted by it all really. Hope for a big improvement in 2010

Isn't that just the post match interviews with the BBC? I thought they still attend the general press conferences, I my be wrong though.

Yes I believe your right. Forgive me for causing confusion but I have the flu and cant think straight. I think my brain is slowly dying.

How realistic is it for a big club to have their assistant taking the press conferences?

Is this your excuse for a game option not working? Why put it there if it's not realistic then? Or why did you put it there if you do not expect the player to use it? Also, if you put it there why doesn't it work and presents this strange anomaly?

Is this your excuse for a game option not working? Why put it there if it's not realistic then? Or why did you put it there if you do not expect the player to use it? Also, if you put it there why doesn't it work and presents this strange anomaly?

I'm just a moderator on the forums, I don't make the game.

I was just commenting on his wish for his game to be as realistic as possible, which I thought should involve the manager taking the press conferences rather than sending the assistant.

Maybe slightly off topic but I also think the press conferences are repetitive, pointless and annoying. I think I've done 3 so far, and haven't been able to resist adding hilarious extra comments that make no sense. Calling the interviewer a ***** or using various other colorful expressions to describe my team or a particular player are the only ways I find to make it at all worthwhile or entertaining

I'm just a moderator on the forums, I don't make the game.

I was just commenting on his wish for his game to be as realistic as possible, which I thought should involve the manager taking the press conferences rather than sending the assistant.

What is realistic is that sometimes the manager does indeed sent his assistant. In that case the option offered in the game should work and not produce such stupid comments, thus making the player fearful of sending his assistant which is, of course, unrealistic.

What is realistic is that sometimes the manager does indeed sent his assistant.

Perhaps if they have a good reason not to attend, like Rafa recently when he was in hospital, but I still see the 'send assistant' option as an option for those who just don't want to take part in that feature of the game, a bit like you can with teamtalks, contracts, friendlies etc.

If there was more variety in Press Conferences, people would be less inclined to let their Ass Man do it.

I always do them myself, because I can't be bothered with him screwing up my players' morale with a daft comment. Still bored out of my mind with them, though...

Perhaps if they have a good reason not to attend, like Rafa recently when he was in hospital, but I still see the 'send assistant' option as an option for those who just don't want to take part in that feature of the game, a bit like you can with teamtalks, contracts, friendlies etc.

Yes, but it doesn't work properly.

If there was more variety in Press Conferences, people would be less inclined to let their Ass Man do it.

I always do them myself, because I can't be bothered with him screwing up my players' morale with a daft comment. Still bored out of my mind with them, though...

Press Conferences is a really badly designed feature that is repeatable, boring and doesn't take into account many things, that is why the questions are always the same no matter what. It was put there just for the marketing tag "New Press Conferences feature!" and we can only hope for it to be expanded.

Yes, but it doesn't work properly.

I never said it did, I just questioned why people would want to send their assistant when playing 'realistically'.

I wonder if it 'worked' perfectly, how many people would actually take part in the press conferences? I know I'd be tempted to give them a miss if I knew my assistant was going to answer all the questions in the same way I would.

I never said it did, I just questioned why people would want to send their assistant when playing 'realistically'.

I wonder if it 'worked' perfectly, how many people would actually take part in the press conferences? I know I'd be tempted to give them a miss if I knew my assistant was going to answer all the questions in the same way I would.

Not really. If the press conferences had any real meaning then we would want to attend them because we would enjoy it. But if we didn't want to then we could sent our assistant because the feature would work. Now people attend the conferences not because it is a nice feature but because sending the assistant is not working as it should.

So we actually have one feature making the player do something that isn't enjoyable in order to avoid falling victim to another feature that doesn't work. None of these features offer any realism whatsoever.

In fairness, I certainly don't remember the last time a manager said "nah I think our rivals are gonna win the title this season. We're not that good."

For Europe, yes. Avoiding relegation, yes. For the title? Hell no.

Step forward, Steve Coppell...

(Incidentally, Allerdyce is talking to the BBC now...)

Archived