Product key not needed?

Hey

I have bought FM09 via Steam (3 weeks ago or so), and everytime I start the game through Steam, it tells me that I need to type in the product key whenever FM09 asks me to. Thing is - FM09 hasn't asked for the key yet. I've played one season already. If I start the game with the fm.exe directly, it works fine as well. So my questions are: have steam automatically entered my product code, or will the game eventually ask me for the key?

-T

can i play the game without entering the product key?! i installed the 9.2 patch, and now it requires the product key which i don't have..now i can't play the game at all...any thoughts about what should i do? i just wanna play the game normally, no online bulls***. thanks

can i play the game without entering the product key?! i installed the 9.2 patch, and now it requires the product key which i don't have..now i can't play the game at all...any thoughts about what should i do? i just wanna play the game normally, no online bulls***. thanks

Sorry, this reeks of piracy.

Hardly constructive accusing other users of piracy, is it? If there's an issue, the moderators will resolve it - report the thread and leave the job to them, please.

One accusation tends to lead to a threadful which can be a little tiresome. Apologies for the terseness of my first note...

just wanted to know if it's possible to play the game, without having to search my apartment for the cd case..

Clearly you live in a big apartment if you'd rather spend hours on here looking for ways around not using the code so maybe in your interests just to buy "another" copy...

Archived