What stats do the players use to decide who is a good captain?

Hello

I've got got Gillingham promoted to the Championship, mainly using free transfers. I've had B.Wright-Phillips and Kevin Doyle for a year (both frees and yes, it seems silly). In the close season, I got Cannavaro, Ljungberg, Edmilson and Fabianski all on frees too. When offered who to give the captaincy to, I chose Cannavaro (after all, he is a FIFA World Cup winning captain), but almost every player thinks that it is a bad choice and that they should be captain instead.

Why though? What have the other players used to work out that they are better choices? Why would Keiran Gibbs think he is a better captain than someone who is one of the most successful captains and players in Italy's recent history?

They can't just base it on influence, because Cannavaro has the highest out of my team. Is it just how long they've been at the club? (Tymoschuk was given the cpataincy when he arrived at Zenit IRL, but no-one complained then).

Thanks

Yeh I think you have to take into account amount of time spent at the club and age along with influence when deciding on a captain. Obviously Cannavaro has a very high influence and it shouldnt really matter about the amount of time he has spent at your club when you consider his experience. However, I am guessing that Cannavaro is at least 35 in your game and maybe the rest of the squad are unhappy that a player who is at the end of his career has been awarded the captaincy - just a thought.

influence says how influencial the player is.

that muich is obvious.

but then we need to ask ourselves 'is the player someone we want to influence the team?'

so if the player is a lazy so and so who always argues with refs and has a sespect temperament that i would say not. but if the player is hard working gets involved in the game and has an exemplary temperament then that is good. it helps if they are one of your better players as well i would say. as it then gives the other players someone to look up to in terms of ability.

Archived