Managers wages, quite frankly I deserve more!

After 6yrs at Bristol City, getting them to the premiership, winning 2 FA Cups, 1 UEFA cup and 2 Charity Shields, I got bored, so I quit and waited until a big offer came around,

Man Utd, who had been struggling since Fergie left, offered me a job, 38500 per week, so I accepted, now after 2yrs, and 2 premiership titles and a UCL, I got offered a new contract, but they only offered 55000 per week, I pay some of reserves that amount, so I wanted more, I asked them for 80000 per week(that wot fergie was on before he left) but they turned me down flat.

Is there a way to get better wages???, and how much is everyone else earning

After 6yrs at Bristol City, getting them to the premiership, winning 2 FA Cups, 1 UEFA cup and 2 Charity Shields, I got bored, so I quit and waited until a big offer came around,

Man Utd, who had been struggling since Fergie left, offered me a job, 38500 per week, so I accepted, now after 2yrs, and 2 premiership titles and a UCL, I got offered a new contract, but they only offered 55000 per week, I pay some of reserves that amount, so I wanted more, I asked them for 80000 per week(that wot fergie was on before he left) but they turned me down flat.

Is there a way to get better wages???, and how much is everyone else earning

My wage budget at ManU is something like 2.3million, am only spending a fraction of that, after selling all the big earners(Rooney and the portuges fella), I just want good wages on the game, and Yes I know its only cosmetic, but its the principle

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DevonSpurs:

Ive seen people on here saying they are on 100,000 per week, maybe they are just blagging then! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I believe that, the highest I've seen is £500,000 per week. But I'm sure they would have been at the club longer than your two years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DevonSpurs:

Nothing like that, I just wanna be seen to be earning loads of money, basically in line with some of my players, Im paying Vela 115k per week, and he is injured for 9months, but im only on a fraction of that amount </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Traditionally, managers never get paid anywhere near as much as the players.

I am now in my 6th year at Aston Villa, I saved them from relegation when i joined in 2011 and have now won the league 3 times in the past 4 years, FA cup a few times and have 3 champions leagues under my belt.

Yet the buggers only think I am worth 80k per week. I joined on about 35k, so I have had a few pay rises, but next years wage demands are going to test them to the limits. After all I am not getting any younger!

500k seems like a good long term goal!

Playing as Chelsea at the minute in 2014. The last contract they offered was 80k per week. Since I see the wages thing as purely cosmetic, I tried to negotiate them DOWN to keep the cash in the coffers, but the drop-down box only started at 80k and went upwards only.

Not bad considering I'd been on 40K before.

The OP's problem is most likely linked to club rep, which is notoriously hard to improve.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SCIAG:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edinton:

the more money you earn the more expensive it is for the club to sack you...(apparently) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is. Same with contract length, though that's obvious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i try get as much money for a one year contract.

If i negotiate for more than a year at a club, i worry i will get bored and have to blemish my record of never resigning, so if after a year i think enough if enough i dont have to break anything

Archived