About Midfielder (centre) and Preferred moves

I have a central midfielder who has preferred move "Gets forward whenever possible" and i don't know how to play him.i mean with forward runs rarely (backwards arrow) , sometimes or often?

he is the only player he doesn't play well even if i am winning 2,3-0 or more.Everyone has at least 7 rating in the game when he has 5.8 -6.0.So i am doing something wrong.The defensive midfielder next to him with backwards arrow plays very well.

This happens with all cantral midfielders i buy (not defensive) when they have this preferred move but they are 7 star players

i have tried this but still he doesn't play well.I am thinking 2 things:

1. To play whith to Dm's (Then midfielders and Attacking midfielders are useless in fm 09)

2.To play him with backward arrow and creative freedom very low to listen to my instructions(it's bad because he has creativity 15)

Has he got poor intelligence on the pitch, or have a poor off the ball / work rate?

He has work rate 17 but it doesn't matter because he is a 7 star player (for the league i play).

All midfielders i buy who have this move play the same and attacking mids, except dm's

The poor ratings for CM's is a known issue I think, it's a bug so he might actually be playing well but the ratings are saying he isn't.

Maybe you are right, i red it at another forum i think, but when i play with a midfielder who doesn't have this move and with a backward arrow he plays well

Archived