When the 5installs run out.

if it stays like this next year me and my mates are going to buy one copy and have an activation each thus making it cheaper
That's what me and my mates are gonna do.

Then surely you are breaking the End User License Agreement? Aswell as telling SI on their official forums thats what your going to do!

if you install the game to your friends,it does not automatically mean that you will be broking any agreement or something like that....you have the game, you have PAID for 5 licences(DIFFERENT PC'S) and i think that you can install the game where ever you want...its your game, those are your own installations, that you have paid, and you can do what you want with them...why should this mean that you broke something?i gave 2 installations away...one for my room mate and one to a colleague of work...that means i broke a law?be serious

if you install the game to your friends,it does not automatically mean that you will be broking any agreement or something like that....you have the game, you have PAID for 5 licences(DIFFERENT PC'S) and i think that you can install the game where ever you want...its your game, those are your own installations, that you have paid, and you can do what you want with them...why should this mean that you broke something?i gave 2 installations away...one for my room mate and one to a colleague of work...that means i broke a law?be serious

Yes, because you bought the licence to play the game therefore it should only be you that plays it! It was desingned so you could have it on, say, your home computer, your laptop, and a work computer or whatever.

bull***t...come on...you paid for your own stuff, so you can think of what ever you want to do with it...if i want to install it on other 4 pc's, its your own decision...you paid for something so you can install it where you want ;) if you want to ask anyone from SI, be my guest and ask...i think that they would not say anything about this...your game, your stuff, so you can install it where you want...anyway...this discussion could go far...if i buy a car i should not give it to my wife or son?or brother/sister?come on...be serious...like i said, this could go far, so lets just stop it here, cause then could appear unimportant discussions

btw...felixg should know that the game is HIS, and not SI's anymore...so i think that nobody could tell him what to do with it(not even SI)...because its, like i said, HIS, and he can do whatever he would want with it...even install it on his friends pc's

Why does it matter if he is a reseacher or not?

Because we would expect a researcher to have at least a teaspoon amount of brains.

This is possibly the stupidest post/question/comment that I've ever seen here. And that's saying something!

Shouldn't a person whom he researches for know that he "un-seat" one of his 5 installs from one of the nominated computers?

btw...felixg should know that the game is HIS, and not SI's anymore...so i think that nobody could tell him what to do with it(not even SI)...because its, like i said, HIS, and he can do whatever he would want with it...even install it on his friends pc's

He pays for the right to play the game, but the software is still property of SI!

Read the EULA, its all in there.

baker.simon, i did not say that the software is not si's anymore...i said that the game is his and he can install it where he wants...did you see any post where somebody from si said to not install the game at a pc unless its yours?nope ;)

baker.simon, i did not say that the software is not si's anymore...i said that the game is his and he can install it where he wants...did you see any post where somebody from si said to not install the game at a pc unless its yours?nope ;)

Correct, and i never said that he couldnt install it on any machine he wants to. Its just when other people play the same copy on a different machine that breaks the EULA.

anyway, i will stop writting on this topic, cause its going where i was fearing it would go...so everyone has his own opinion and i think everyone has the wright to an opinion...so lets just stick to this....you said yours, i said mine...lets leave felix(the one who created the topic)to decide what is good and what is wrong

Actually you did. :)

There is no difference between using the word game or the word software, they are the same thing.

I haven't checked the FM EULA specifically, however, the usual stipulation is that you can install on a certain amount of machines, but at any given time, only one of those installations can be in use. In essence, you can play FM on 5 different computers, but only one of those computers can be running FM at any given time.

Also, how quickly do you think the Celtic Researcher is gonna lose his job?

I haven't checked the FM EULA specifically, however, the usual stipulation is that you can install on a certain amount of machines, but at any given time, only one of those installations can be in use. In essence, you can play FM on 5 different computers, but only one of those computers can be running FM at any given time.

Also, how quickly do you think the Celtic Researcher is gonna lose his job?

Indeed, it's intended for personal use and strictly speaking it would be difficult for you to be playing it on more than one computer at the same time...if you need it on another uninstall it from one.

It's strange that so many people who don't know the difference between property and license are suddenly copyright experts haha ah it's old ground.

Its nice to see people that are in agreement with me lol. It doesnt happen often! The EULA is there for a reason, and whilst nothing can be done about it being abused at the moment, i suggest that something in future needs to be done about people who do abuse it.

People who moan about the game being so expensive that they have to split the cost 5 ways would do well to remember that £30 (when released new) is not a lot of money to spend on a game that gives so many hours play time. Lets face it, £30 quid nowadays isn't even a night in the pub for most.

if these people wanna install the game on their mates computers who cares let them

there are many things we aren't supposed to do. Your not supposed to record things of the tv but we all do it with our sky+ boxes or dvd recorders so if they wanna do that who are you to stop them

if these people wanna install the game on their mates computers who cares let them

there are many things we aren't supposed to do. Your not supposed to record things of the tv but we all do it with our sky+ boxes or dvd recorders so if they wanna do that who are you to stop them

Sky+ is a poor example, of course your allowed to record it, but your not allowed to distruibute it again.

Yes, let them do as they want, while people who use it correctly get nothing out of it! Not!

Archived