Stafford Rangers - The Man City of the lower leagues!?

On my AFC Wimbledon save I set about selling off some of my dead wood. To my surprise, after offering two players out for a combined total of 800k, I had bids, only from Stafford Rangers of the Blue Square Prem.

I looked at their finances and it was listed as rich:

Stafford1.jpg

I added a user so I could look at thier finances and theres over 9M in the bank:

Stafford2.jpg

Check out how much they pay in wages!:

Stafford3.jpg

Obviously a takeover is behind this and it comes in the form of an Icelandic tycoon:

Stafford4.jpg

It seems they are now on a spending spree as they are snapping up any player i offer out, this should stand them in good stead as im in the championship and the players im selling should do well in the conference.

It'll be interesting to see if they make it to the Prem before I do!

Has anyone else seen a takeover of such big proportions so low down the league system?

Interesting, but did you save the game before you added a manager to Stafford (removing their successful current manager) and then go back to that save? If not you've changed your gameworld. Might influence things.

Interesting, but did you save the game before you added a manager to Stafford (removing their successful current manager) and then go back to that save? If not you've changed your gameworld. Might influence things.

No of course I saved it, as you say it would ruin the game!

Intending to play a long term game, hit around 2012 and Droylsden offered me a job in BSN and a transfer budget of £3k. Being Sunday footballer rep and unemployed at that point (also never had a transfer budget before), sounded like paradise!!! £3k would allow me to bring in 3 players!!! (apart from frees and loans!)

Turns out a week before my appointment they were taken over by a Norwegian tycoon who would keep pumping money in - had a balance of around £7mill. Now in Feb 2018 and battling for play offs to reach Championship. No matter how much money I spend, chairman always tops up club balance to £17mill!

This happens in almost every game i play - teams like Bromley, Hednesford, Stafford, Worcester get tycoons taking over.

But the big teams never get taken over by these tycoons, the biggest teams have been Hartlepool and Leyton Orient, and it seems to happen a lot in England but nowhere else.

In my Bromley game, got took over, £9 million in bank - he gives me about 675k a month to tide things over.......

Got sucessive promotions, now top of league 2, how do I do screenshots?

Same here, except he withdrew money at the start of last season. Still get healthy transfer and wage budgets though.

Well it can only happen in playable leagues and maybe that's why it seems like it only happens in England?

In my game (Amkar Perm in the Russian Prem) several clubs from weird places have been taken over:

Hibernian - Scottish Prem - Greek tycoon

FC Polatsk - Belarussian 1st Div - Canadian tycoon

Sibir - Russian 1st Div - South African tycoon

Progreso - Uruguayan 2nd Div - Belgian tycoon :D

Willem II - Dutch Prem - American tycoon

Notodden - Norwegian Prem - Croatian tycoon

Portsmouth - English Prem - Polish tycoon

Helmond - Dutch 1st Div - Thai tycoon

Charleroi - Belgian Prem - Hong Kong tycoon

Montpellier - French Ligue 2 - Mexican tycoon

I have had this for my portsmouth team when just before the transfer window of the first season a mexican tycoon took over and has plowed around £150-£200m into the club in the last 3 years.......each month he keeps putting enough in so that it runs at a profit :D

Brentford got took over in League Two, started buying Championship standard players left, right and centre (including some of my own targets *shakes fist*). Steamrolled League Two, 2nd in League One, I've made it my mission to smash them when they reach the Championship.

...although apparently a mystery consortium may be looking to take them over. Don't appear to be icelandic though... or that rich :(

The funny thing is with an Icelandic owner, in the current climate, they wouldn't be miles off being in the same position they are now.

Well it can only happen in playable leagues and maybe that's why it seems like it only happens in England?

In my game (Amkar Perm in the Russian Prem) several clubs from weird places have been taken over:

Hibernian - Scottish Prem - Greek tycoon

FC Polatsk - Belarussian 1st Div - Canadian tycoon

Sibir - Russian 1st Div - South African tycoon

Progreso - Uruguayan 2nd Div - Belgian tycoon :D

Willem II - Dutch Prem - American tycoon

Notodden - Norwegian Prem - Croatian tycoon

Portsmouth - English Prem - Polish tycoon

Helmond - Dutch 1st Div - Thai tycoon

Charleroi - Belgian Prem - Hong Kong tycoon

Montpellier - French Ligue 2 - Mexican tycoon

How do you find out which clubs have been taken over?

Just as im in 2015 now.. and feel like seeing what how much these takeovers happen?

Thanks for any replies..

Archived