Reserves League

Does this not exist anymore?

In my season 09/10 my reserves did not play any games, and then I noted in 10/11 they were not invited to a league - where as my U-18s were. I checked a couple of other teams and they also did not play in the resevres league. I swear I could remember in the demo that we were regularly asked by the assistant which 1st teamers could be available for the reserves games - or is my memory so poor....

Anyhow, do you have games in a reserve league? If so, then how do I get this? I like to put players in the reserves to help them improve their stats, get them prepared for the 1st team, etc.... So, how do I go about this now, and how are you doing it effectively?

Not sure what you mean - I am managing Newcastle, and I have some players in the reserve squad.....

Normally they should have played a league against other reserve teams, this helps keep them match fit and develop - I like to keep young lads in there until they are ready for the 1st squad. But I notice that they do not play a league - and nor do any other teams - there is an U-18 league, just not a reserve league.

Any ideas on how to get this running?

reserves league don't exist in portugal and they still put them up with the new update. just not very real.

Do a research first... The reserves league exists since 2007/08 but SI didnt include it in FM08 nor in FM09. It finally came in 9.2.0 but now I already have a successful Benfica save so I aint starting a new game now -.-

you can always "make" english language by simple trick: create a new, empty! file called english.ltc and put it into your FM 09 directory, under data/languages (there you'll definitely have also spanish.ltc).

Then start the game and you'll have english language available :)

you can always "make" english language by simple trick: create a new, empty! file called english.ltc and put it into your FM 09 directory, under data/languages (there you'll definitely have also spanish.ltc).

Then start the game and you'll have english language available :)

Stupid question, but how do I create an empty ltc file?

Hmm creating a file called english.ltc... My tactic was always deleting the other languages (portuguese, spanish, italian and french I think) and then when I started the game it would be in English :D

The MLS rules in FM07/08 were always wrong in Portuguese so I had to change to English :|

But dunno if the spanish version is a translation or was made that way :|

Stupid question, but how do I create an empty ltc file?

I don't like Windows Explorer, so I'm using Total Commander (ghisler.com) and there you can easily use SHIFT+F4 key combination :-) enter a name of a file with the extension and voil'a! :-P

Do a research first... The reserves league exists since 2007/08 but SI didnt include it in FM08 nor in FM09. It finally came in 9.2.0 but now I already have a successful Benfica save so I aint starting a new game now -.-

Futher on this, the Portuguese reserves league is called, "Liga Intercalar".

Archived