Revolting against player power

Right I dont know how many of us there are out there but has anyone else ever done this?

I signed a certain controversial welsh striker from West Ham for my west brom side. He came straight in bagged back to back hattricks in his firts two games against Arsenal and Birmingham. He continued to be a great signing for us contributing 15 goals and 30 something assists in his first season, my fans love him, my players love him ( he is a favoured player of most of my squad ), I love and I'm wondering why I was able to snap him up for just £500k.

Then the transfer window opens.

I recieve a £5m offer from Lazio, which is good for a player approaching 31, but not what I'm looking for, ( especially as seen as it only offer £1.2m upfront ) so I reject it. Next thing all hell breaks loose! He is suddenly looking to leave and unhappy at me rejecting the offer. I try to smooth things over but new offers come in but I want to keep hold of my star performer, it seems the whole squad plays better with him on the pitch.

Anyway the season starts and his form is abysmal, no goals or assists in the first 15 games ( many of which are sub appearances ) and an avg rating of just over 5. He sulking about being subbed, still sulking about not being allowed to leave and now I'm getting flack for his poor performances.

January comes around and at first I was going to sell, but then it occurred to me, why give in and allow him to leave? He has 4 years left on his contract and I can easily afford the wages so I decide, if your not going to play and give his all for the club then he can rot away in the background. I've had many other players that wanted to leave but still performed and with them they have either decided to stay, or have been sold on once a replacement has been identified. But because he has had such an unsettling effect on my squad and such a negative effect on the pitch that he would see out his contract with the club without even playing a reserve team game. 4 years down the line he has finally left on a free, I really expected him to retire but he didnt, I even turned down offers from the likes of Yeovil to take him off my hands but turned it down just to ruin him.

Thing is as soon as I'd frozen him out of the squad my team picked up and we nearly won the Prem and won two UEFA cups.

Has anyone else taken such drastic action against a player?

He's probably thinking wow this has got to be the easiest job in the world, I get paid for doing absolutely nothing!

But seriously, anyone knows if the Webster ruling is in the game? He really should have bought out his contract in this case.

Yah I have done previous things like that. Dropped a few players to the reserves who have tried to pull those kind of stunts on me and then tried to loan them out to my feeder clubs (they never accept). Maybe fine him for no apparent reason next

29-year-old Galván threw a tantrum for me so I dumped him in my Under-20s. Decided to cut my losses and sell him but I could only sell him for 5 million pounds, which turned out to be one of the worst sells I've ever made, although I did slash my wage budget a fair bit. His value is now 8,000,000 pounds...

No big deal though as I have a homegrown, more dynamic attacking midfielder who's performing much better than Galván ever did (5 goals 12 assists in 8 games).

I spare nobody in my quest to keep discipline.

My Leeds Utd team attracted alot of interest when i finished 7th in my first season in the premiership, I still turn down regular offers of 30+ mil for some of my team, players are only unhappy for a short time if you can meet their ambitions, now none of them want to leave but i had to deal with a season of discontent! annoying...

Archived