Signal that processing is completed

Would it be possible for FM to have some sort of signal that the game has finished processing fixtures etc?

I play a big game that often takes a few minutes to run through weekend fixtures or mid-week fixture clogs. I often use this time to check the net and find myself checking FM with alt-tab to see if the game is ready to continue yet.

If you have more than one program open I find it needs a number of alt-tabs to reach FM and what I feel would be bloody useful is a flashing window, on the toolbar, to let you know that FM has finished processing. Similarities I can think of to mind are IM programs.

That way I'll see the flashy- orange tab and go back to FM.

Is this even possible?

Before it is suggested, I already know there are options such as windowed mode and continuation timeouts. Windowed mode would make no difference, I could imagine, and I don't like to use continuation timeouts as I like to have full control over when I stop and start.

I'm using Vista and I just hover the mouse over FM on the taskbar and it shows what is happening in a small box, so I can keep track of it that way, but I do like that idea nonetheless

Same, although would be a nice addition for those who don't use vista, weather or not it takes a while to code is another matter.

Archived