Lutons Bank Balance

I have been managing luton for 2 seasons just entering my 3rd, my bank balance has never been out of the red, i am 2grand within my wage budget so thats not the problem, it seems to be "footballing costs" that are wasting away my bank balance and i cant do anything about it? I had a 350K cash injection got to JPT final and went to Wembley again through playoffs but my balance is still at this moment £1million in red? Any ideas?!?!

there are a lot of little things you can do to help your finace's, one of the most helpful things i have found is to keep an eye on "apperance bonus". I have a centre back at my club who was on £1,800 PW wages and £1,200 apperance fee, so if i was to play him on the weekend and again in mid week he would be reciving £5,200 per week so its best to look over your first eleven and regular subs to set what bonus they might be on.

Just have to check each player individually. There is also a bonuses heading on the expenditure screen.

If you go to your expenditure screen and place the mouse over each heading you get a small tab showing what each expenditure entails. That may help you out more.

It might even be that your wage budget is extremely generous and that even being 2k under is causing a problem. That is how many RL football clubs have gotten into the financial problems they face.

Ummmm... welcome to Luton fella. In case the 3 bouts of administration in 10 years wasn't enough, we've dropped from the Championship to League 2 - so we're paying high wages and playing in front of small crowds.

You aren't experiencing a problem, you're experiencing Luton...:)

I stuck with them for 3 seasons. Every season I spent nothing on transfers and kept within the wage budget but it still took investments from the board or a lucky draw away against a big team in the FA cup to keep me any where near the black.

By the end of each season I was usually about £400,000 in the red which would then be wiped out by season tickets over the summer.

They've a couple of the highest earners in the league on the wage bill at the start - you've got to get rid of them quickly.

• SI Staff

you'll be lucky if you ever make profit with Luton, and if their teams finances are acuratly moddeled you shouldn't make profit with lower league clubs as it just doesn't happen.

Your main hope with Luton is to stick it out and get high enough up the leagues that the crowds rise and you can get a bigger ground and bigger crowds to fund the club

Archived