"Invest for the future" news item?

arg

I'm a good ten years into my game (school vacation!) and have been making some excellent transfer moves and sold now-mature youngsters for loads of cash to Chelski and City. Anyway, my club's bank account is somewhat larger than it was when I started, and every few years or so I get the news item below. What happens to this money? Is it just the game's way of keeping finances even? Doesn't seem very fair!

picture1uo6.png

w965.png

Yeah, your finances cannot go above 2.147bn or something like that due to programming limitations. I think I read before that if you need that money as if the club ever goes into debt than you get that money invested back but I don't know if that is true.

Yeah, your finances cannot go above 2.147bn or something like that due to programming limitations. I think I read before that if you need that money as if the club ever goes into debt than you get that money invested back but I don't know if that is true.

I have read that if you go into debt you get it back but I aint taken a club into debt to find out, so I haven't ever seen that money come back, think they just go out for a few drinks :D

• 2 months later...

At the moment i am Villa and getting the same thing with millions being put into investments for the future. However my stadium is at 55k and can not get any bigger due to planning permision. I believe i have ammounted to cloe to 1 bn in cash in the investment fund so far, so why the hell are they not building me a new stadium? I fill the present one every game, even getting 30k+ for friendlies now.

I have read that if you go into debt you get it back but I aint taken a club into debt to find out, so I haven't ever seen that money come back, think they just go out for a few drinks :D

Yeah, just a few drinks :D

Expensive drinks :D

Indeed. As your balance is represented by a 32 bit integer number, 2,147,483,647 is the highest figure that can be represented. I have no idea if any eventual excess funds are stored in another variable to be retrieved when needed, but a club that manages to squander £2 billion doesn't deserve to be saved AFAIC. ;)

Archived