Anyone ever get more than one striker on form at one time ??

Just wondered if this is just a FM thing ? But does anyone ever have two or more of their strikers on form at any one time? I buy good stikers ,, that will go on really good scoring runs,,and for game after game they grab the headlines,,but then whenever they go cold ,,it will be someones elses turn ,,but I never seem to have 2 strikers sharing the goals for any consistent run at the same time ?? It did this in all levels last year ,, from scottish second division to Barca,,,I havent played much of this years game yet,,still only half way into first season,,but so far same pattern happening again,,,ps. usually playing a 4 4 2

Two strikers on form at the same time doesn't seem to happen too often in the game, but if you want to extend this to real life - how many strike partnerships in the Premiership have yielded a steady supply of goals this season? Crouch and Defoe maybe but that's not likely to continue unless Crouch jumps ship to Spurs. Cole/Yorke or Shearer/Sutton partnerships are a rare breed.

Two strikers on form at the same time doesn't seem to happen too often in the game, but if you want to extend this to real life - how many strike partnerships in the Premiership have yielded a steady supply of goals this season? Crouch and Defoe maybe but that's not likely to continue unless Crouch jumps ship to Spurs. Cole/Yorke or Shearer/Sutton partnerships are a rare breed.

Very good point :thup:

Only rarely in game have I managed to have both strikers right at the top of their game simultaneously, quite often, I will rotate my strikers anyways to try to avoid the chances of any of them stagnating and hitting a patch of bad form

yeh would expect it to be rare,, but just cant remember it ever happening really ,, and wondered if anyone else had. Afterall,, we all want to find that perfect partnership,, and I often look for players i think might feed off each other,, ie a taget man and a smaller skillfull runner who will create,, but havent found that McCoist/ Hately like duo yet :mad:

In real life Boyd and Miller are a great partnership, Millers got 7 goals and Boyd 20 so far this season.

But thats mainly due to both of them having skills the other lacks, Miller cant hit a barn door to save his life but he will run all over and supply the ball realy well... Boyd conversly cant/wont work to get the ball but if you give him the ball inside of 20 yards he will put it in the net.

In my current save i have a strike force of Guilherme, Bojan and Laurito... Unfortunately they are all right footed so they dont compliment eachother as well as they should but all 3 last season competed for top SPL goal scorer (with Guilherme just pipping Bojan to it).

In real life Boyd and Miller are a great partnership, Millers got 7 goals and Boyd 20 so far this season.

But thats mainly due to both of them having skills the other lacks, Miller cant hit a barn door to save his life but he will run all over and supply the ball realy well... Boyd conversly cant/wont work to get the ball but if you give him the ball inside of 20 yards he will put it in the net.QUOTE]

And here was me thinking it was Because the League's of a poor standard.

I cant recall having 2 strikers on form but like CPS said it rare but can happen maybe it's just finding the right compatible stats.

Jo - Left

Cardozo - Left Only

Robinho - Right

Keirrison - Right

I've tried all of them with each other, and there are no productive ones.

Jo and Robinho started off well, scoring about 6 between them in 4 matches.

Then I benched Jo for a while, so Cardozo stepped up to the plate.

He's scored 3 goals in 13 matches.

Robinho and Keirrison was delightful. Both being Brazillian, they were making sublime passes, and finishing well.

They netted 9 between them in 6 matches.

Now it's all stopped.

Cardozo has been dropped to reserves.

Jo is a back-up in case Keirrison/Robinho get subbed.

Robinho, having scored 13 in 15, at one point, is now struggling. 13 in 19.

And Keirrison is still only 19, but should be doing better than 4 goals in 11 league games, IMO.

None of my strikers are on form.

In the past 3 games, I have 3 goals - all from Elano. Who I play at MC.

Coincidentally, they were all in the same match, against Sunderland.

IMO this is a problem - i have two unbelievable strikers !

Last season i played one up top and marquinhos got over 30 goals - this season i have paired him up top with a super-gen and though the regen is banging them in for fun marquinhos has only got 2 goals in 27 games. I think this is a problem - would never happen in real life

IMO this is a problem - i have two unbelievable strikers !

Last season i played one up top and marquinhos got over 30 goals - this season i have paired him up top with a super-gen and though the regen is banging them in for fun marquinhos has only got 2 goals in 27 games. I think this is a problem - would never happen in real life

So you're saying it's unrealistic that changing formation and/or tactics affects players? You're saying you've NEVER seen a player who's played as a lone striker at one club or during one season do not so well when he's been paired with someone at a new club/season, or vice versa?

It happens a lot in real life. Darren Bent banged them in as a lone striker, but when he got paired up with someone he was not as effective. Rooney played immensley when paired with Tevez, but when he was used as a lone striker at Utd or for England he scored much less goals as it doesn't suit him.

Just because you make a mistake when changing something, that doesn't mean it's the game's fault and it's automatically unrealistic that you're not winning everything.

Sheesh. >_>

I'm getting the same, one of my strikers seems to score more than the other one.

Last season Shaw scored 30, Appleton scored 16. This season Shaw has scored 13, Appleton has scored 28 (so far). We would be lethal if they ever had that run of form at the same time.

i usually play 1 lone striker "stuani" up front but i decided to give him a partner in keigan parker and from what ive seen so far after 12 games is that stuani is still whacking them in and parker although set as a striker like stuani he tend to pass more.

parkers passing attribute is 9

stuanis passing attribute is 12

i cannot be bothered to load up the screen shot but in my game marquinhos' stats are amazing - there is no way he would go over 30 games now and score 2 goals in real life just because i now play two up front ! The rest of the team is scoring for fun and his strike partner is having a field day so to me it is a problem and there seems nothing i can do will resolve it....

...i do not think the game is advanced enough to recognise that a striker will only ever play well on his own and cannot ever play with a striker....surely the stats are the stats? Correct me if im wrong...

that to me doesnt sound too bad - at least they are both scoring and it is rare that a team would have 2 strikers scoring 20 a season anyway....im talking about an unbelievabke striker - one of the best in the game - who cannot score when played up front with someone else (2/30 games)...obviously if its not something others notice then it isnt a problem

Jo - Left

Cardozo - Left Only

Robinho - Right

Keirrison - Right

I've tried all of them with each other, and there are no productive ones.

Jo and Robinho started off well, scoring about 6 between them in 4 matches.

Then I benched Jo for a while, so Cardozo stepped up to the plate.

He's scored 3 goals in 13 matches.

Robinho and Keirrison was delightful. Both being Brazillian, they were making sublime passes, and finishing well.

They netted 9 between them in 6 matches.

Now it's all stopped.

Cardozo has been dropped to reserves.

Jo is a back-up in case Keirrison/Robinho get subbed.

Robinho, having scored 13 in 15, at one point, is now struggling. 13 in 19.

And Keirrison is still only 19, but should be doing better than 4 goals in 11 league games, IMO.

None of my strikers are on form.

In the past 3 games, I have 3 goals - all from Elano. Who I play at MC.

Coincidentally, they were all in the same match, against Sunderland.

Heh, Cardozo has scored 5 goals in 2 games for me now.

He just put a hat-trick past Villa, at Villa Park. =O

Robinho also scored, and assisted him on 2/3 occasions.

It looks like one of my strikers has FINALLY hit form, and the other isn't scoring, but it doing everything else. Saying that, he did find the net once. ;D

I'm with East Fife, in my last 10 matches of the season:

Striker (Target man) A has scored 10 goals in 10 matches.

Striker B has scored 6 in 10 matches.

16 goals between my two strikers in 10 matches isn't a bad ratio.

As far as I'm concerned it's all about tactics. I've been tweaking and tinkering with my tactics since the first patch has been released (Playing a couple of practice seasons in the process), foregoing a proper career. It's taken me a couple of months but I think (hope) that I've created the dream tactics... hopefully.

rocchi and pandev have been amazing for me but admittedly pandev got most of his goals when i was playing 4411 with riquelme behind him, rocchi came back and pandev cooled off but still played great while rocchi went on to score 30 goals in 30 games

I had Adebayor and a regen striker each score over 25 goals last season in my Arsenal save.

I didn't play them at the same time, but they were both banging goals in pretty consistently.

The regen has done it 3 straight seasons now.

Archived