Crossing Problems

I have the version 9.2.0 and I seem to be having a very annoying problem in terms of my wingers crossing the ball. They can continuously can into a position to cross the ball but they always and I mean always deliver a cross part my massive striker to the other tiny winger who is in no position to head the ball. I don't know if this is a bug (I doubt it) or if it is to do with my tactics and if it is to do with my tactics then how do I stop it from happening. Any help will be appreciated.

The target man thing seems to be doing the trick. Thanks CPS.

It also sounds like perhaps your target man is a bit slow getting into the box, maybe also his off the ball and anticipation stats aren't too hot? You could mitigate these defacits a little with mentality as a positioning tool - but obviously if you want him deep, he's got to be deep and its a trade-off.

It was more of a problem of the crossing going past the big strikers even when they were in the box. The crosses generally had too much power on them but telling my winger to cross to the target men is making them put the ball in the right area so my strikers have a chance and not my winger who is just getting into the box.

The target man thing seems to be doing the trick. Thanks CPS.

No worries mate, if you haven't already done so I'd also recommend you set up your corners so your tall striker (or a centre back over 6ft with good heading and jumping stats) stands with the goalkeeper. Instruct your corner taker to deliver to the 6 yard box. You'd be surprised how many goals a season you can score if your set pieces are set up properly.

Archived