My president knows nothing about money.

A little bit unrealistic scenario in here.

Year 2018. After winning everything with my team, 3 consecutive CL wins, bringing the club balance from 5M Euros to 320M without spending a euro the last 2 years for players i would expect my board not be so cheap.

I am managing Olympiakos. I know our president intervenes a lot but recently we had a borad takeover from his son. (in my game always). I have too many god like young players and of course all big clubs are constanly making offers.

I have reject all offers for all my players. They offer something like 35M for my key attacker and everything is ok. Then they make an offer of 12.5M about a young defender, not starter but great one. Then the board accept the offer as too good to refuse. :S.

Its not realistic at all. First of all, the current balance is 300M, no need for the money, and second how can it be he accepted the 12.5M offer and let me reject the 35M offer?

Also another thing. I wanted to revenge my president and just made a silly thing to see how he reacts. I bought Aguero on the age of 30 paying his 190M clause. I was expecting the board to block as excessive but no, he accepted. :S

I agree. Very unrealistic and a problem that hasn't been fixed since previous versions. But hey... 3-D match engine right?

3D yes...but i kinda bored of it already. Most games i have commentary only. Importan matches 3D is on though.

I was being sarcastic... the arguably superfluous 3-D engine received so much attention that SI did not fix the very BASIC and very significant and very critical problems of the game.

Awful and inexcusable.

Too tired to see the sarcasm :p. Woke up on 05.30 AM.

Dont get me started about the match engine...Check on the bugs forum about one bug that happened one me...To give you the idea some guy named stefano tacconi still plays football....aged 61. Also a player named Zlatko Yankov still plays...started 1987. Basically, noone retires....

Well, you're quite right about the bad decisions of the board. But they don't bother me too much, because the board of a team is MADE to frustrate the trainers and players :p

I would just like to see an option to appeal against the sale of a promising young player for far too little cash. My Barça team is by far the richest team in the world (1.7bill net worth) and yet they accept silly offers like 12mil for one of my best talents who does great in the -19. Why would they want 12mil on top of the 1700mil of which I made half of? You can't have enough money I guess... But with a little reason from our part and understanding from the board, the transfers sum could be denied.

Well, you're quite right about the bad decisions of the board. But they don't bother me too much, because the board of a team is MADE to frustrate the trainers and players :p

I would just like to see an option to appeal against the sale of a promising young player for far too little cash. My Barça team is by far the richest team in the world (1.7bill net worth) and yet they accept silly offers like 12mil for one of my best talents who does great in the -19. Why would they want 12mil on top of the 1700mil of which I made half of? You can't have enough money I guess... But with a little reason from our part and understanding from the board, the transfers sum could be denied.

Exactly what i mean.

And how doesn't that bother you too much? It is completely unrealistic and a major and significant flaw!

A useful tip for you though: offer the player who is then considering an offer from another club a much better contract than before. You can also cheat a little here, for the sake of keeping your talents: don't do anything, just save before he can accept the offer. Then, when he does, check out what his new wage is, reload the game and offer him a better contract than that one. He'll most likely stick with your club.

And how doesn't that bother you too much? It is completely unrealistic and a major and significant flaw!

It's not unrealistic: a board often makes the right calls on selling players based on their CURRENT potential. But they don't seem to know that a player can become much better and the possibility of selling him for way more just a year later.

I see 2 possibilities here: make the board members see the potential of a player and base their judgements n that, or allow us to reason with the board, convincing them the offered price is way too low.

If it is bothering you then all you have to do is set all of your players sales values to £0. This way the other teams will always offer £0, the board will never step in and except £0 and you can just keep rejecting the offers. Problem solved :thup:

If it is bothering you then all you have to do is set all of your players sales values to £0. This way the other teams will always offer £0, the board will never step in and except £0 and you can just keep rejecting the offers. Problem solved :thup:

That would lead to 564875 offers per day.

So, to return to the OP's issue: Is this because your club rep hasn't expanded or is limited by the league/nation rep you are managing in? If it is tied in to limited reps. and the effects that has on regens and board transfer policies, it is something that could do with a fettle no? Causes no end of frustration to the player ..

A little bit unrealistic scenario in here.

Year 2018. After winning everything with my team, 3 consecutive CL wins, bringing the club balance from 5M Euros to 320M without spending a euro the last 2 years for players i would expect my board not be so cheap.

I am managing Olympiakos. I know our president intervenes a lot but recently we had a borad takeover from his son. (in my game always). I have too many god like young players and of course all big clubs are constanly making offers.

I have reject all offers for all my players. They offer something like 35M for my key attacker and everything is ok. Then they make an offer of 12.5M about a young defender, not starter but great one. Then the board accept the offer as too good to refuse. :S.

Its not realistic at all. First of all, the current balance is 300M, no need for the money, and second how can it be he accepted the 12.5M offer and let me reject the 35M offer?

I don't know if you're interested or not, but do you want revenge on your president?

If you do have you got the FMRTE editor?

Go to this thread here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=83819

It will show you how to force a takeover and it works. As you're already into the game I would read page 3 and see the formula which is easy to do to for your president out. Maybe just maybe you'll get a tycoon takeover and be richer than Man City? ;)

The OP's point is well made. There's no need for all but the most egotistical owners to sell off players against the manager's will, when rich. Especially when the manager has earned the wealth himself.

The solution proposed here shouldn't work, but it continues to work year after year. At least there is a solution though.

I remember, last version of the game, I ended up "selling" Messi, Bojan, and a few world class young regens for zero euro's when I attempted to do that. What I am trying to say is that the "solution", for me at least, seems to work for only a while until the Board gives away world-class stars.

But if you go with that solution, good lucking going through all those emails EVERYDAY stating that you rejected all those offers for all those players.

Archived