Think i've stopped the keeper through balls!

After patch 9.2 was supposed to have fixed the keeper through ball but in my experience didn't, i've been playing about trying to counter it and have stumbled on a solution. If in the opp instruction you set closing down always, tackling hard and show onto weaker foot on the oppo keeper he'll no longer ping balls to the strikers! hope this helps

I think originally the suggestion for coping with the through balls was to close the keeper down, but I'll certainly try the weaker foot and hard tackling. Although in the past hard tackling the keeper has resulted in a lot of disallowed goals from set pieces for me. :thup:

I've had AI score on me from long Keeper kicks, and scored myself from them, so it remained a problem for me. I'll try it out. On a side note, I've also had a Keeper score on me from long kick. 100 yards in the air, my Keeper comes out to no-mans-land, big bounce over his head and in the net. How my computer didn't end up thrown out my window that night is beyond me.

I've had AI score on me from long Keeper kicks, and scored myself from them, so it remained a problem for me. I'll try it out. On a side note, I've also had a Keeper score on me from long kick. 100 yards in the air, my Keeper comes out to no-mans-land, big bounce over his head and in the net. How my computer didn't end up thrown out my window that night is beyond me.

can be frustrating can't it? i've gone through many a mouse!

Archived