Why can't my strikers score clear cut chances?

Basically inferior strikers of opposing teams will score a far higher percentage of CCC (against you) than your top class strikers can against them?

I'm sick of having a lot more clear cut chances than the opposition and needing to score a far higher percentage of them to win (if you know what I mean). Has anyone actually made a study of how bad this is?

Edit: I've said that wrong. I score a lower percentage but need to create vastly more to win.

I will never understand why people think the problem is that the strikers aren't scoring. SI had to make the strikers miss/go straight at the keeper to keep the scores in some vague line of realism. The scores would be 10-9 if they didn't! The real problem is that there are too many 1v1 chances created by the match engine.

And that, my friends, is another thing entirely. So many things interlinked things contribute to the creation of 1v1 situations that there is no easy fix. Changing one thing would mess up something else. It's real easy for people to sit in their chairs and complain. How about telling SI what can be done to reduce the number of 1v1 chances that won't mess up other parts of the ME...

I completely understand and it is VERY unrealistic. In edit mode, I edited a striker at 200 PA/CA, and Off the Ball, Composure, and Finishing all 20's, and I was astonished to observe how many clear cut chances he missed. Inexcusable, when Stokes' strikers score one-on-one goals on my goalie Ochoa like it was nothing.

I will never understand why people think the problem is that the strikers aren't scoring. SI had to make the strikers miss/go straight at the keeper to keep the scores in some vague line of realism. The scores would be 10-9 if they didn't! The real problem is that there are too many 1v1 chances created by the match engine.

And that, my friends, is another thing entirely. So many things interlinked things contribute to the creation of 1v1 situations that there is no easy fix. Changing one thing would mess up something else. It's real easy for people to sit in their chairs and complain. How about telling SI what can be done to reduce the number of 1v1 chances that won't mess up other parts of the ME...

I agree I think there are way too many 1v1 situations in the game, and the only way to keep the scores down is to make the finishing poorer on 1v1s. It can get aggravating, but I'd rather have missed opportunities than have the games 8-7 or whatever.

How about telling SI what can be done to reduce the number of 1v1 chances that won't mess up other parts of the ME...

It's not really our business to tell SI how to fix their problem. Hardly any of us would have the skill/knowledge anyway. All we can do is to point out that there is a difficulty (like you say, too many 1 on 1s) and ask them to come up with a solution.

I suggested they start trying to round the keeper on one-on-ones and I think it has made a difference. My strikers used to blast it right at the keeper each time now, they try better angles.

i did the same thing but i they still keep shooting at the keeper although i am playing as notts county in league 1.

It's not really our business to tell SI how to fix their problem. Hardly any of us would have the skill/knowledge anyway. All we can do is to point out that there is a difficulty (like you say, too many 1 on 1s) and ask them to come up with a solution.

I respectfully disagree. We have it in our power to let them know that through balls are too accurate, the vision needed to decide to play them is too good, the off-the-ball movements to receive them is too anticipatory, the angles the defenders take to the ball needs serious tweaking, and their positioning might need to be looked at as well. The thing is, an adjustment to any one of those things will have effects elsewhere in the game.

These are the things they need to be hearing, not only from us, but especially from their testers. All this incessant babble about STs being such poor finishers totally misses the mark.

What sort of strike rates are people getting from their strikers then?

My top striker (who is the top scorer in the league) has 27 goals from 114 shots, 69 of which are on target, or 4.2 spg and 2.6 sotpg.

My next best striker has 13 goals from 86 shots, 56 on target, or 6.6 spg and 4.3 sotpg.

(spg = shots per goal, sotpg = shots on target per goal)

I'd consider that to be quite good, how does it compare with those of you who's strikers are struggling?

I agree with the point above about there being too many one one one chances. Maybe more analysis needs to be done on actual matches on how often players get through one on one and how goals are scored and from what sort of situations. My personal experience of watching football is you dont see that many one on one chances a match most goals seem to come from crowded penalty areas.

part of the problem seems to be that perhaps too many CCCs are created and i sincerely hope it's not an artificial limit put in for the absurd ratio because in real life there's literally no way the conversion ratio is worse than 1:2.5, again this is for converting CCCs. in terms of goals:shots on goal i can easily believe it'd be 1:5 or more.

Archived