Are their any Pablo Nino type cheat players in this years game?

Some game versions back there was a winger in Betis called Pablo Niño who had very average stats and seemingly wasn't much of a player. You could also get him very cheaply. However some of his technical stats were ridiculously high (e.g. dribbling 20) which compared to the match engine at the time meant that he was performing well above what he's supposed to be able to. I remember buying him for Barcelona where he became my supersub and did fantastic every game he played.

My bet is that the OP is referring to him.

He is. Pablo Nino, Daniel Braaten, Orri Freyr Oskarssson were all of the same mould, players who's particular high stats in a certain area meant that even tho they were **** with a low PA they performed very, very well.

Mascio appears to be the closest thing this year. I've been scouting him in several games and he looks really quite good statisically, but my scouts, and even very good scouts, tell me he's toilet.

Keep an eye out for a regen called 'Craig Hunter'. He appears in most games.

I dont think he's the only one. I seem to recall a thread and it said that there is quite a few (if not all) of the Sports Interactive staff in the game.

I dont think he's the only one. I seem to recall a thread and it said that there is quite a few (if not all) of the Sports Interactive staff in the game.

There most certainly is.

Just type "faceinthegame" into the search box and all the people who worked on FM09 are right there in the game (you may have to wait a few days until they are "generated").

Then scout them to get some fantastic personality traits...

Philip Rolfe's personality:

"(Your scout) believes Rolfe to be the fountain of all football knowledge until you unplug him from the computer"

Class :D

Mascio is fake.

Craig Hunter is Ter - many SI staff and related appear as regens.

That's right. The SI staff are in as jokes - I doubt they'd get 10 ratings!

But Mascio is fictitious, like To Madeira before. He has average CA/PA but I believe his attributes can get outstanding from screenshots I've seen. No one will get 10 ratings, but he is the game's 'cheat' player.

Mascio isnt fake

Alot of people think he is fake as he is not on the Cisco Roma website and there is no record of him on the net anywhere. This is according to other posters I am not sure but I would bet he is a fictional player.

How come I search Mascio but hes not on my game?
do you need to use large database? i've never come across him

That's because he's got a low rep because he plays for Cisco Roma. Loading the lower Italian leagues should do it.

Archived